Fatigue before the hyst? - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fatigue before the hyst? Fatigue before the hyst?

Unread 02-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Fatigue before the hyst?

They've checked - I'm not anemic - but I also have been taking mega vitamins (lots of iron) for quite a while so that probably helps. I think that the chronic pain/ache caused by my resident aliens is what's wearing me down - I'm not used to not feeling good.

I told my DH that I want my doc do draw a schematic of where everything that she takes out was located and what was there. I'm using past tense - because in 2 weeks they will all be GONE!

I'm just glad I finally spoke up and said that I was having symptoms (aches, heavy bleeding, pain) - because I had suffered in silence and nothing abnormal showed up in the full physical and pap smear, etc. I wonder how many other ladies are like me and just thought what they were going through is 'normal'?

to all that are on the other side and those of us waiting for our big day!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2007, 10:19 AM
thank you ladies

I just want to thank you all for all the info. They did do a blood test and I wasnt anemic, but the Dr. still wanted to keep me on the iron 2x a day. When he put me on the provera, he thought for sure that it would help, but it hasnt. I only have 2 weeks until the big day, and then this will be over!!! Then maybe I can try to stay up until atleast after 8 pm !!

Also, my pre-op is the 15th, I will ask them to check my heart I would rather them check it out now, rather than finding out something is wrong when I am on the table.

Thanks again......
Unread 02-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Fatigue before the hyst?

misssunshine, I wanted to answer your question about Provera not stopping the bleeding. I started bleeding Feb. 10, 2006 - I have not stopped yet. I was put on Depo Provera for 6 months because my gyn was sure it would stop the bleeding. It didn't. That's one of the big reasons we decided to go ahead with the hyst. She feels (and 2 other doctors agree) that if that didn't stop the bleeding, nothing else will. She did actually try several other treatments before scheduling my surgery, but eventually we both decided it was time. Good luck!
Unread 02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Fatigue before the hyst?

Hey Miamiu 2 questions. Is your dh an engineer? My dh is and only an engineer would ask the doc for a schematic. That cracks me up. Bet my dh asks the same thing when we go next month. Also what year did you graduate?? I graduated in 1981 (oops there's my age showing) with a BA in Psych. Dh is a native of Cincinnnati-and I lived there fro 30 years. We're in Txas now where I lived as a youngster-love it here-no snow!! Anyways good luck in 2 weeks
Unread 02-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Fatigue before the hyst?

I know way too well what you mean about being tired 24/7....cant sleep at nite due to mind racing. i cant also remmber when I did wear a pad or pantieliner since way befor Christmas. I even had to leave work yesterday an take today off due to being so tired. My work is understanding but in the same breath seemed honkerblonked off.
Just found out my job isnt safe an surcured when I finish recoving.
Even tho Iam a hard worker no matter how I feel.
I am so fed up being tired I called my Dr. all they said is to take some iron an relax...like ya right! I was thinking as they spoke.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr I still have less than 4 weeks to go.
they also said my blood wont be checked until pe-op ..which I still dont know the date of.
planned on leaving work on the 20th...just in case dont wanna get sick due to I work with the public.
I cant wait till this is all over...so tired! of bleeding ..nm being tired all the time
Unread 03-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Fatigue before the hyst?

They always told me I was borderline anemic.... never knew why I was so tired all the time. I have adenomyosis with a 16 week preg. size uterus. Perhaps I will feel better, more rested after the hyster. on March 26th?!? I hope so. Unfortunately, even though it is enlarged, I don't think it will make a difference in my weight, but I sure hope it makes a difference in my silouette! Renee
Unread 03-14-2007, 05:56 AM
Fatigue before the hyst?

You will feel so much better. Mine was 28 week size, my fibroids and all weighed 17 lbs. I felt like a new woman even before I left the hospital. I was tired all the time before the surgery. My doctor left one ovary and I have had not a problem since. I even went back to work two weeks earlier just because. I am wishing you the best.
Unread 03-14-2007, 06:34 AM
Fatigue before the hyst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsjj
They always told me I was borderline anemic.... never knew why I was so tired all the time. I have adenomyosis with a 16 week preg. size uterus. Perhaps I will feel better, more rested after the hyster. on March 26th?!? I hope so. Unfortunately, even though it is enlarged, I don't think it will make a difference in my weight, but I sure hope it makes a difference in my silouette! Renee
I was borderline anaemic and I wasn't even having excessive bleeding. I had a fibroid the size of a melon and the horrible thing was feasting on my blood supply, so no wonder I was under par. (I can't, btw, claim credit for the above very funny, gruesome image, someone on another thread used it, but it described my alien and its antics so well I've stolen it. ) Just before my surgery, I'd lost a lot of weight - purposefully - and my diet was excellent. If it hadn't been for that, I might have had more serious problems, even though I wasn't having loads of bleeding. As it was, I was borderline and worn out from traipsing around a huge chunk of solid, fibrous tissue.

My operation hasn't hewn much off my weight, but I can vouch for the impact on my sillouette - it's made a huge difference and a lot of people have commented on how much thinner I look.
Unread 03-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Fatigue before the hyst?

You ladies were right! It was anemia and bad enough that my doctor threatened transfusion! My surgery is March 19, and I've been on prescription iron for the last 2 weeks. I'm also eating mostly iron rich foods and being careful to get plenty of vitamin C. I don't eat grains or calcium foods within 2 hours of taking my iron pills so I increase the absorption. My pre op blood test was done on Monday and I'm awaiting the results today. If it isn't up to a 10 hemoglobin, my surgery might be cancelled and rescheduled for 3 months from now.

I had NO idea that anemia was so serious. I had been on and off about the surgery until I found out about the anemia and talked to my gyn and my gp. Both of them told me that it would be unlikely to get normal blood levels if I continued to bleed like I was. It was the deciding factor for me. I'm really looking forward to having a normal iron level and some energy!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register