3 days and counting - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days and counting 3 days and counting

Unread 03-13-2007, 11:22 AM
3 days and counting

Good luck and let us know how you are doing. Time will fly by today and tomorrow.

Sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
3 days and counting

Can I suggest adding some anti-itch cream, and some aveno, oatmeal moisturizer to the stash for the hospital? The morphine made me incredibly itchy, and my daughter was able to get me a back scratcher that I think was my best $.99 purchase EVER! Even when I came off of the morphine, I still itched, and the air was really dry. The aveno moisturizer made me sane.

I also suggest a little bottle of mouthwash. My mouth was incredibly dry, and that helped, because my mouth still felt pasty after brushing my teeth. Don't forget your chap stick.

Now that I read my post, I really had a dehydrating experience on any surface that touched air! Darn I'm getting itchy just thinking about the itchiness from the morphine. But please note, I was itchy, but I LOVED my morphine, and mastered the pump within the first few tries. My daughter joked that I would sleep for nine minutes and all of a sudden she would see my thumb starting to press the button, my eyes open and look at the pump to make sure it was dispensing, and then smile and fall asleep for another nine minutes.

The nurses and pcs's busted me until I went home about how stoned and happy I was on my morphine...

My roommate the second night had just come from surgery and said she did not want any drugs, other than tylenol. I talked her out of that within a few hours, and she was to funny after that, every time a nurse walked into the room the first words out of her mouth were "Do you have drugs for me?" LOL.....
Unread 03-13-2007, 08:24 PM
3 days and counting

I had to do clear fluids and milk of magnesium and suppositories night before... had to be at castle at 6/am - brought way to much with me to castle. Used nasal spray - oxygen really bothered my sinuses. Wore 1 of my nightgowns. mostly theirs tho casue more convenient. Did use those travel bath wipes the day after surgery to freshen up. peppermint tea made me sick... Lots and lots of ginerale. Never wahsed my hair till I was home, one quick shower at the castle. Sweats to go home in - and make sure you bring shoes that are comfy and flat and easy to get on!
Oh - pick up some granny panties - 3 sizes too big - they are cotten and shrink allot... None of my panties fit when I got home!
It is difficult in the castle, but the best thing I ever did!!!!
Unread 03-14-2007, 09:22 AM
one more day

Thanks so much for all your suggestions.Well in about an hour i will be drinking my poison- i guess then i will just wait. i am in a cleaning frenzy,dont know why i am bothering it will take my 3 boys a couple of minutes to make a mess. I guess I just have nervous energy. I have to keep myself busy so i wont think about eating. well wish me luck....thanks and talk to you soon.....blessings.deb
Unread 03-14-2007, 09:43 AM
3 days and counting

Good luck! I had to a fleet enema and couldn't eat. It enema felt really weird - like I had a cold on the inside, but I managed ok. My anethesiologist called me the night before and said I could have tea or anything to drink, just no dairy products. Maybe you can ask if you can do something like this. I took my favorite blanket to the hospital with me because I'm always cold and I always drove the nurses crazy in my past hospital stays asking for tons of blankets. Good luck and my prayers are with you!
Unread 03-14-2007, 10:48 AM
3 days and counting

I have to drink that , which i just did- almost vomited and tomorrow in the morning a fleet enema too. This really is the pits. I dont know why i have to do both.Thanks and trying to hang in there. .....Blessings

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register