New Member wants to say thanks... - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Member wants to say thanks... New Member wants to say thanks...

Unread 03-13-2007, 08:40 AM
New Member wants to say thanks...

I am 27 and having a LVAH tomorrow. I have delt with endo for almost ten years. I am not sleeping hardly at all but will be glad to have this over with and feeling better. Hang in there. This is the best site. My DH is ignoring this happening as well. Other then the fact that we can't have intercoarse for six weeks and my aunt flo started on monday. Just lovely I know!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 09:48 AM

Hey iceydweller, I am 28 and am a little over 3 weeks post-op. I have heard both positve and negative from people about being so young and having the surgery...but the bottom line was that I needed it and after my dr. had the organs out and could examine them he said it was a good thing we took them when we did. They wold have done nothing but caused me much more problems and those problems would only have gotten worse as I aged. I kept my ovaries though because they were in decent shape and with only being 28 he did not want to take them unless we had to! I have read posts from women of all ages and gotten great support from everyone. Hang in there and you will get through it and life will get better! Heck, we should all have quality of life and I know that before the surgery mine was not even close to being fun. And when all my so-called friends (who are not in the medical field and have had no gyn problems) said I should just live with the prolapse and endo are complaining about their period...I will just smile because I am now pain free all month! Not that I wish anyone these types of problems but we need all the support we can get and our friends should give this to us reguardless if they have never been through it! Anyway, I have gotten long winded so good luck and keep hanging in there!!!
Unread 03-14-2007, 09:32 AM

Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that I got a firm yes from my mother-in-law. She is being very supportive and can't wait to come out and stay with the kids and me. As an extra incentive, she will get to see my husband off on his 6 month deployment to Iraq. I am feeling better and better about this everyday! Thanks for all the support!
Unread 03-14-2007, 09:51 AM

My DH is 25 yrs retired AF and now 17 yrs civil service for the AF so I know all about the military medical teams. What a circus. Where are you stationed at?
Unread 03-14-2007, 09:53 AM

My DH is 10 years, so far, active duty and I have 3 years civil service. We are currently stationed at Moody AFB, been here for about 9 months. However, our previous base was a naval base- MUCH worse!
Unread 03-14-2007, 09:55 AM

Well I wish you all the luck in the world. My thoughts are with you from Minot Air Force Base......Minot ND
Unread 03-14-2007, 11:27 AM

I am so glad that your MIL will be able to come and help! We are stuck overseas so it just didn't work out having anyone come over! Best of luck!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register