Second Opinion tomorrow - nervous | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Second Opinion tomorrow - nervous Second Opinion tomorrow - nervous

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Second Opinion tomorrow - nervous

I am going to another gyno tomorrow to see if he will do my hyster. Went to one January 4 and was agreed that I needed a hyster ... still haven't heard from them! So, decided to try another (after calling twice to see if I had been booked yet) gyno who will get me into a different hospital, quicker. I almost feel sick to my stomach thinking about the appointment tomorrow! Don't know if he will be upset I didn't come to him first; will he agree to do hyster; will he agree to do TVH hyster - as other gyno had suggested; how long do I have to wait. I just wish it was overwish already!! (both the appointment and the surgery). As well, I do heavy lifting at my job (25kgs - 55lbs) all day long. I am afraid of any type of prolapse AFTER my hyster. Does anyone else have a job where they do heavy lifting and have any problems after hyster? Thanks ... I will pop backin tomorrow after my appointment to let everyone know what took place. Have a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:58 AM

I hope your second opinion goes well, and you get the results that you are hoping for. I do heavy lifting and as soon as I go back to work i will update on how lifting pts affect me. Good Luck!!!!!
Unread 03-13-2007, 07:47 AM

Best wishes, I hope that all goes well and you get all your questions answered.
I had lifting restrictions after my tah/bso. This is somthing that you should discuss with your dr. Heavy lifting is usually a no-no for awhile after any hyst.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Ok, went to the other gyno today and he will do my hyster, but it will be a TAH, instead of a TVH. He also said it should be scheduled for 2 - 3 weeks away, as soon as a bed can be arranged! Finally! ... now, the "what if's" are starting ... geez.
Unread 03-14-2007, 06:09 AM

I am glad you liked the 2nd opinion dr. However recovering from a TAH is going be alot tougher that a TLH, LAVH or TVH. I agree that if you have been waiting since January that is unacceptable not to have a date. I had to wait 2 months for my date but I had it when I left the 3rd opinions office. He was the only one that would agree to do a TLH. The other ones would not due to previous c-sections. However both drs recommended I see the dr. who did my surgery. It was usually a 3month wait and my orig dr. got me in the next day.

Good luck and do RESEARCH!

Sherri
Unread 03-14-2007, 11:26 AM

Don't be afraid of having the TAH. It's what I had, and it went fine. I would do it again in a minute if I had to.
Unread 03-14-2007, 11:45 AM

Thank you ladies for the replies ... just got a call and my hysterectomy has been scheduled for April 17th ... was hoping it would have been sooner, but that is ok. I think he was trying to work around my (heavy) periods. So, if all goes as planned, I only have one more visit from "Aunt Flo".

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register