Scheduled TVH TVHBSO bright and early tomorrow... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVHBSO bright and early tomorrow... TVHBSO bright and early tomorrow...

Unread 02-23-2010, 12:24 PM
TVHBSO bright and early tomorrow...

... and I feel like I am going to vomit, I am so nervous. I think I have the essentials ready, but I am feeling like there is something I am missing.
I read through the plethora of posts and gathered some items listed: Chapstick, slippers, loose clothing, toothbrush, deoderant, neck pillow, face wash...
At 24, I am not necessarily sad about not having the chance to have kids - but the thought of losing the 'woman-bits' is what makes me apprehensive. I feel like today is my last day as a woman... a silly as that sounds.
Feeling a little lost in the fog, today. Can't concentrate at work... should've taken today off to prepare more. Silly me.

Good luck to all having surgery today and in the near future!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Re: TVHBSO bright and early tomorrow...

Hi SevyJane!

I understand the nervousness! I'm right there with you. I go in at 11:00 am tomorrow. My prayers and thoughts will be with you. Don't forget some stool softener....it will make things a little easier...no straining. LOL!!!
It's not silly to feel like you are going to be less of a woman, we all go through that....but know this....you are a woman in your own right. No matter what "parts" you have or don't have.
Love and hugs go out to you!! And I'll be talking to you on the other side!!
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:39 PM

Good luck tomorrow, Leann! Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Stool softener... I think I have some leftover from my last Lap in December, but I better check to make sure. Thank you - I would be miserable if I had forgotten and didn't have any on hand.

Luck and hugs to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM

Hi Ladies! I will also be with you tomorrow. Mine is at 10:00 a.m. but have to be there at 8:00 a.m. I didn't work yesterday and today to be able to relax. Today, I am on liquid diet. Kinda hard for me because I love to eat.
Good luck to all! Hoping for a good recovery.
Unread 02-23-2010, 05:54 PM

Wonderful!!! I feel like we are having our birthdays together!! In a way, this is the birth of a new us.

I know about the food thing. My husband took me out for dinner and a movie Sunday night for our anniversary, and then I made us a nice dinner last night. Haven't had anything to "eat" since Monday night. Jello just doesn't do it! LOL!!! My love and prayers are with you both, and I'll be looking forward to talking with you on the other side.
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:48 PM

Good luck with your surgery...see you in post op side.
Unread 02-24-2010, 05:23 PM

Don't be nervous. I had my TVH last Friday (also lost right ovary and tube), and it was much, much easier than I imagined...I am actually enjoying being the "princess" and just having an excuse to lay around! Not in much pain at all (I haven't taken anything but Tylenol since I've been home, and not even taking that since yesterday), except for gas...
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:41 PM

Want to update before heading over to post-op. Just got home. Night in the hospital sucked. Barely got any rest - but I am moving around much better compared to the 5 laps, if you can imagine that. There was a grapefruit sized endometrioma taking over my right ovary - so it definitely makes sense that I no longer have that 'pressure' sensation.
Hope your surgeries went smooth, gals! Talk to you on the other side!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register