dVH/RALH 8 wks post-op, pain's back? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 wks post-op, pain's back? 8 wks post-op, pain's back?

Unread 05-10-2013, 09:45 AM
8 wks post-op, pain's back?

Hi all. I haven't posted in quite awhile due to my mother-in-law becoming ill right before my surgery. She passed away the day before my 6 wk check up. My surgery and recovery to this point went very well. Some emotional meltdowns were the worst of it. I had no complications and I feel very blessed for that. I have been back to work for 2 weeks and had no problems until yesterday. I feel like I'm back at week 1 with pain and emotionally. I had to leave work early and ended up having to take one of my pain pills. (I haven't needed those since day 5 after surgery) I've been so careful to not overdo it! I just want to stop feeling like a patient all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Re: 8 wks post-op, pain's back?

Hi efp1963, I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law. It sounds like you have really had to deal with some stress which can cause all kinds of symptoms. I hope you are feeling better by now, but if not, it might be time to give your doc a call. Recovery from hysterectomy is certainly a process, and feeling like a patient does wear thin, but it won't last forever.
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:04 PM

Very sorry to hear about your motherinlaw. This could be one of the reasons for feeling more emotional again.

I had the davinci 12/20/12. I was finally feeling better at 3 months and then 1 week later started to feel pain again I finally started to feel better this past week but I have been taking motrim w dinner since last week. even at 8 weeks I would start to feel less pain and better for a few days and then all of the sudden started to feel bad again. I think its some movement we do even though I was very careful so its part of the process and like my daughter says everything inside is moving and settling in.

But I am still feeling better yesterday was a long day we went out with my family for brunch then to see my mother in law back at home around 7 changed my clothes went in bed heat pad under my butt and ice pack gel on my belly I do this every night when I get home from work.

also since surgery I hav been wearing a body support/girdle the one piece my mom gave me about 4 that she had almost new they are not too tight or too loose just right and it helps me through the day.

Good luck it does get better...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2013, 04:36 PM

Thank you ladies. I felt so good for a little while there, and then all of a sudden it was like I hit a wall or something. It's reassuring to hear that I'm not alone. My emotions are still all over the place, but physically I'm feeling better. This was a good reminder that I'm not fully healed yet and I need to take care of myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register