surgery tomorrow - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery tomorrow surgery tomorrow

Unread 02-24-2004, 08:36 AM
surgery tomorrow

i am getting very scared again! i didnt even get to sleep until around 4, had to take a xanax, i'm starting (oh no------- crying
to ask myself-------- how did you get into this mess---- why did you agree to this, all of you are SO BRAVE --------why am i a shaky mess , i'm a 42 yr old woman and shouldnt be acting like this.............its like im argueing with myself constantly about this....you know, like ........... maybe these fibroids wouldnt have grown to this size if i hadnt taken all those vitamin supplements, or maybe if i had gotten more exercise none of this would be happening............i'm falling to pieces
how am i going to make it there tomorrow morning
barbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2004, 09:12 AM
surgery tomorrow

Barbie-ok, now take a deep breath, now another one. Dry those tears, its all right to have moments like this but now pull yourself together. Yes, you do have the strength to do this. You have waited this long and now the time is here. Tomorrow you will be on the otherside and start your new life. It will be so wonderful to feel well. I will pray for you and be with you in thought tomorrow. Here are many great big hugs. You will be ok. Get out of the house and do something nice for yourself. Go shopping for some pretty lotion and new jammie bottoms and a good book. Stop for a cup of tea and enjoy this day. Take care. Hormone Hazel
Unread 02-24-2004, 11:27 AM
surgery tomorrow

I'm headed over in an hour for surgery today. Yesterday seemed to be worse in terms of anxiety. Today I'm resigned, didnt get all the cleaning done though. Hope you feel better in the morning. Good luck to you.
Unread 02-24-2004, 02:32 PM
surgery tomorrow

Barbie,
I am only 24 and i was also really scared. It doesnt matter if you are 80 you still have the right to be scared and cry. It doesnt make you any less of a woman. I just came from the castle Sunday. The day before my surgery i talked my dh head off because i was so scared, I think i drove him crazy. The day of surgery didnt say very much because i was so terrified, but you know what " All went well" for me and it will go the same for you.If you have a wonderful doctor like the 2 i had doing the surgery on me then you will be just fine. You should be in good hands. Everyone will be thinking of you. Let me know how you are doing when you come home. Try and stay busy, it helps to keep you mind off of it for a little while. If you need any info or just want to talk just pm me. I will try to get back on in a little bit. I am going to lay back down for a little while and get somemore rest. Ill be thinking of you, I wish you the best..........HUGS

Glory
Unread 02-24-2004, 03:27 PM
surgery tomorrow

Barbie:

You will do just fine. I'm not on the flip side yet but will all these ladies rooting for us how can we not be. Maybe you should go get your toes done or a manicure. That is what I am going to to the day before (when ever they get me an OR room). Or go shopping for some last minute things, even new PJ's. I will put you in my prayers tonight and try and just relax. Even try a warm bath. I would suggest a glass of wine but I don't think the night before that is good idea.

Talk to you in a few days. Let us know how great it went.

Tina

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register