I'm back..... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm back..... I'm back.....

Unread 02-23-2004, 10:41 AM
I'm back.....

To all of those in waiting...I've got to tell you that the waiting is indeed, the worst part. I had LAVH and all went well. Dr. informed me that I had an enlarged uterus with fibroids...ovaries were fine.....I went in on 2/13...took 1 week off, and am back to work today.....probably not for the full day......but really, I feel fortunate to have weathered this so easily........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm back.....

Hi hollyt43!

I am going in for an lavh in March and I am very nervous about it. My fear is the inintial pain immediately after surgery. Not only that but I am about 80 pounds over weight. I am worried that my recovery will be longer. Looks like you bounced right back! I am glad to hear that everything went well for you. Did you have a pump afterwards?
Unread 02-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Pump afterwards

Yes, I had "the pump" afterwards.....I used it to it's full extent. My pain was not all that bad.....bad cramping....gassy, but that was about it.....I am sore still, and it hurts when I cough, sneeze or laugh hard....but I was pleasantly surprised........don't worry!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 10:34 PM
I'm back.....

Hi Hollyt43, I am very happy your surgery went so well and you are on the road to recovery. Please remember you have had major surgery and even with LAVH many major organs were moved around, and you have many internal stitches, etc.; pushing yourself too quickly may work to hurt you in the long run. Often, for example, while we still have remnants of the anesthesia in our bodies we can get a false sense of well being and want to rush back to our normal pre-op pace. In fact the usual initial recovery period following a hysterectomy is 6-8 weeks and actually it can take upwards to one year for full healing. It seems very early post-op for you to be going back to work even if not full time. Please be careful and consult with you doctor re this if you are not already doing so.
Since you made it so well through your operation, you really need to take it easy and be a good remembering the many dos and don't along the way; this way you can ensure there are no set backs caused by possibly pre-mature activities down the road.
s and blessings, peggiesue
Unread 02-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Thank you....

I will take your advice....I am moving very slowly and listening to what my body says.....my doc said to do the same thing....I went home early yesterday from work and rested.....will continue to do the same thing for a while.....am taking it one day at a time!!!
Unread 02-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Your welcome

Our doctors really know best and afterall how can one be a without lots of lounging around; please remember those walks and drinking your water too. Although it may not seem like it, the time will pass quickly and you will be back to your regular activities; perhaps once in awhile you may even long to have at least one day as a resting "Princess" again.
s peggiesue lk

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register