PMS after? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-23-2004, 01:57 PM
PMS after?

Hi. Just wondering if I will still suffer nasty pms symptoms after TAH and losing 1 ovary? I don't know, since you still have one ovary producing and all that. Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 02:11 PM
PMS after?

May I add to your question...?
If they take my uterus and my cervix, do I still go in for pap smears every year?
Unread 02-23-2004, 04:43 PM
PMS after?

I know the answer to question 2 is no you need not get pap smears if they take your cervix( mone ioscoming out too) .About tHe PMS I just added that to my list of questions for preop. MY pMS is fierce and I want rid of it too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 06:47 PM
PMS after?

i had my hyst 3 yrs ago and i had a TAH and 1 ovary removed.i have pms everyother month.it is the same "strength" as before just not every month.YES you still have to have paps even after your cervix is removed because there is still an area that can get vaginal cancer.it may or may not be every year but almost all the ladies here have been told that they have to have one.sorry
Unread 02-24-2004, 04:05 AM
PMS after?

My doctor said no paps with no cervix
Unread 02-24-2004, 08:31 AM
PMS after?

i guess it really depends on your doctor. i had one tell me every 3 yrs and then my gyn said every year. i still will have one just because i would hate to get vag. cancer and not know it.
Unread 02-24-2004, 08:37 AM
PMS after?

My dr told me no pap test but still an internal to check ovaries. I have my mammogram scheduled the same day as my check up anyway.

I kept both ovaries and have had mild pms.

Guess they're all different, huh?
Blessings,
Unread 02-24-2004, 11:35 AM
PMS after?

my last three docs have said that it's a good idea to still have paps, because no matter what, some tissue can still get left behind. Also, he said that paps can detect other problems as well.
Unread 02-24-2004, 11:54 AM
PMS after?

I am 3 weeks post-op and my dr. also told me prior to surgery and after that i needed to come in once a year for a pap...because there is still a cancer concern for women even though they may not have a cervix..it can still arise...His nurse also had a tvh...years ago...and she has vaginal vaught cancer..but they found it during one of her paps...As for the ovaries...I kept both..he said i would still get pms...bloating all the symptoms...but i don't worry too much about that cause aunt flo is gone for good

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register