Just about to go crazy don't know what to do | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just about to go crazy don't know what to do Just about to go crazy don't know what to do

Unread 03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Just about to go crazy don't know what to do

I have complex hyperplasia with focal atypia and have cancelld my surgery 2 times allready last week just 2 hrs before I was to go into surgery that is how scared I am of it I have panic disorder and that sure don't help me . So the doctor gave me megace to take to see if it clears it up but read on the meds and it not good at all still the panic disorder keeps me from taking the meds also I have read on here alot this week to try to help me with this but it not helping me I can't sleep and don't eat that much I am also having those bad nighmares of dying and all that goes with it. I have not told anyone how scared I am of this not even my husband or my daugher she done had one and she will just say get it done she had no fear of the surgery at all I wish i could fell like her.I know you can die from what I have but still cant get myself into surgery. Anyone out there in my shoes about this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 02:24 AM

Dear Camlott
I am so sorry you are feeling so very stressed about this. Feeling scared is absolutely normal - but sometimes it doesn't help much to hear it! Is there someone (even a counsellor) you could share your fears with and just talk it out? I am sure you would feel better and maybe start to feel some control over the panic. We are all different when it comes to fear. I am not in your shoes, but I can sympathise as I had my operation done a few weeks ago and yes, I had all the fears at one stage too. And I am ok now. Healing and feeling good. I hope you can get some comfort soon and go ahead with what sounds like is a necessary operation for you.
Thinking of you
MP
I
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:55 AM

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I do not have panic attacks but was terrified to have this surgery and up until the day before was seriously considering cancelling it. I did not. I think it is a good idea for you to go talk to a counselor about this because it does sound like you need to have this surgery. Also are you confident in your doctors because that will help. Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 05:00 AM

I wanted to tell you that I am so sorry that you are feeling like this. I have panic attacks too, not for this, but I have them. My problem is I can't go out by myself. I have panic attacks if I have to go places by myself. It is very hard. I hope you can find enough peace to be able to get this done. It is not easy to get past the attack, but if you can manage to tell yourself you'll be fine just enough to get through the surgery, that will be one step closer to telling the panic attacks that you are in charge. Wishing you peace and luck. Tonya

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register