Surrender Date | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surrender Date Surrender Date

Unread 03-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Surrender Date

After battling incontinence, inconvenient periods, and pelvic pain for years, I have negotiated with my Doctors to peacefully surrender my sagging uterus and possibly an ovary or two on March 27.

Since the birth of our children I have suffered from increasing incontinence. My Gyn told me years ago I would need surgery, for to let him know when I was ready. I am ready.

I met with my Gyn in late January, after a very extensive exam, and some candid discussions his recommendation was a LAVH with bladder repair by an Urologist. We met with the Urologist February 16. March 2nd, I had urodynamic testing and a cystoscopy. He recommended a TVT or TOT, I agreed and ask about dates. His office called my Gyn’s office and offered March 20th 3 o’clock or March 27th anytime after 1 o’clock, the person who schedules surgery wasn’t in, she would call me to confirm a date.
I called the office last week after waiting for her call, she was out sick... I finally reached her yesterday (March 13th), she said, Oh nobody told you! You are scheduled March 27th! I am little upset this surgery is a big deal to me. I know to these office people deal with surgeries all the time, but I feel unimportant, not a person just a piece of paper on desk.

Thanks for letting me vent. I will have more questions later.

Thanks
OK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Surrender Date

OK, I really understand about being left out of the loop. My DH had surgery a few years ago and he always had to call the doctors. It seemed like there was always a missing link in getting him information he needed. He did manage to get through it, and all is well now. But, last night he told me that he was a little jealous of how my doctors always call and keep me informed of every test and every issue.

Are you getting your questions ready? My final appointment is tomorrow and I thought I was ready, but I'm not. One question just seems to lead to another.

Best of luck to you. I hope all goes well.
Unread 03-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Surrender Date

ok: I can so relate to you. I had a date (actually two) to do the hysterectomy when I mentioned incontinence. Whoosh and off to the urogyn. I'm now waiting for the two offices to coordinate dates, and for the urogyn to schedule the cystoscopy and the urodynamics. Don't have a clue other than I requested mid May. But it seems that one office always thinks the other office has told me something. Good luck on the 27th!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register