Scheduled TAH Is Pre Op Short Term Disability Possible? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is Pre Op Short Term Disability Possible? Is Pre Op Short Term Disability Possible?

Unread 02-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Is Pre Op Short Term Disability Possible?

My OB/GYN cancelled my original TAH due to me throwing blood clots after she did my D&C 2/06/10 due to miscarriage. Now she rescheduled it for 3weeks due to blood clots. I am seeing a Hematologist who will ok monitoring for 1 week so far. He called her to ok the surgery & didn't understand why she cancelled it.. they talked last Friday. My OB/GYN asked that I return to work possibly because they'll not approve STD until TAH. They'll provide 6 weeks off starting March 19th. My OB/GYN said my Hematologist will have to approve the 3 weeks until or can I go back to work until then...

I've a 12cm fibroid & Adenomyosis which makes my uterus 19weeks, I was 4-5 weeks pregnant with an abnormally large uterus to begin with. I am 135lbs w/a swollen abdomon & legs. I am on so many pain meds I don't drive. They want me to work out of breath on home health front end phone & office? I can't handle this. I've fallen 3 times this month already. I can barely feed myself. Can anyone tell me what to do to cover this 3 week waiting period w/STD? I need the pay!

I am thinking about going to my Primary Physician for some situational anxiety I am having. My nerves! I need Laroizapan or something like it. So tired of all the meds but this STDa top what I am going through is making life too hard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Re: Is Pre Op Short Term Disability Possible?

I empathize for you and your situation. For me, I am scheduled for a TAH in March and have had to be off work since December due to non-stop periods, passing of huge blood clots, anemia, not feeling well and emotional due to stress of this whole ordeal. I too have a large uterus which makes me looks like 4 to 5 months pregnant.

I have been approved for STD and had a 2-week waiting period (which if you ask me there should be no waiting period). It has been so worth it for me to have this time off as I have enough on my plate dealing with my health.

Best wishes to you.
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:38 AM

Courtneysmove what state are you in? Five states have short term disability New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, Rhode Island and California. Believe me I have researched this well looking for something to help with my loss of pay also. Dont know how you feel about getting government assistance but at these times that is what they are there for. You can get emergency assistance for food stamps, electric bills and a few other things through your local department of human services but other than that we are sol. Some churches and salvation armys are willing to help out with bills and food during this time also. I am a social worker in the same boat as you..surgery canceled and cant work due to health issues. Hang in there and think of how great we will feel in the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2010, 03:08 PM

I went to see my Primary Physician today. He told me I've depression from my ordeals. I don't think I really do but the words he spoke... "You don't think this is making you depressed?". I think he's correct. He prescribed Citalopram and Xanax. I'll sleep better now. Oh the best news!!!! He will complete my Short Term Disability paperwork and make sure I am covered up to my surgery date..thank god!!!

I had a nice time w/my family today. I'll be starting a little sewing project to make me feel nice. I am so happy this place exists!

I can't wait to be on the other side!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register