Scheduled TVH OMG Never Ever Do This Before Surgery... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OMG Never Ever Do This Before Surgery... OMG Never Ever Do This Before Surgery...

Unread 02-25-2010, 09:24 AM
OMG Never Ever Do This Before Surgery...

I did a stupid thing today haha.. So a hint and a piece of advice.

Never, ever type in the words Vaginal Hysterectomy into a google or AOL search engine and then click on Images prior to surgery. If you are curious about what exactly they'll be doing, using etc... wait until AFTER surgery before you go look up the pictures for it.

I made that mistake this morning and now I have all kinds of unpleasent thoughts and questions going through my mind. Yikes. Not to mention the images haunting my mind. LOL.

Any ways, how is everyone today? I am down to less than 24 hours before the big ole trip to the Castle... and I feel.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Re: OMG Never Ever Do This Before Surgery...

What happens when you tell someone NOT to do something?!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got 2 minutes into a video (I've gotten a few seconds into others before, like, 3 weeks ago and the thoughts had escaped my mind [repressed?]) and I might be sick!
Unread 02-25-2010, 09:33 AM

LOL, so sorry. I didn't watch any video, just saw the pictures and yikes... I am so glad I'll be fast asleep and have no clue what is going on. LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM

Quick, watch some thing nice, like looking at pictures of flowers or some thing.
Unread 02-25-2010, 09:48 AM

KITTENS!!!! WHERE ARE THE KITTENS?! lmao
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the laugh. I will make sure to stay away from the pictures and video!
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:10 PM

OMG!!!!! I'm sooo stupid on a computer....I would have never thought to look up something like that!!!!

Have a piece of chocolate---chocolate makes everything better!!!!
Unread 02-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Good luck with the surgery. i am sure you will do fine.Look up pictures or videos of cute animals or funny people like on You Tube to make you laugh. I had the surgery and wouldn't want to watch a video of it. Sending tons of hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery. Try to dream of beautiful things whatever that is for you.
Unread 02-25-2010, 02:09 PM

Oh my goodness, thanks for the warning.

Although I'm a bit squeamish so I think I'll pass on the pictures and
go for the chocolate instead!

Good luck on your day at the castle. Hugs
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:47 PM

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Asked hubby if he wanted to see. LOL He declined. If they started out icky I hit stop pretty fast. There is one that is animated---not too bad if you have to know but I would suggest waiting until later....much later.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register