Bleeding after sex 4 MONTHS post op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding after sex 4 MONTHS post op? Bleeding after sex 4 MONTHS post op?

Unread 06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Bleeding after sex 4 MONTHS post op?

Hello,

I had a vaginal hysterectomy for cervical cancer on February 3'rd. I had postop spotting for 2 months and still have heavy discharge especially in the morning. Now it is yellow though and not bloody. Almost makes me feel like I've wet myself it comes out so quick.

Anyhow, aside from that I also have bleeding for about 24 hours after having sex. We are trying to be gentle but I feel twinges of pain and know that the blood will follow.

Because I was bleeding so long after surgery I had a CT scan and my oncologist said everything was fine, that the bleeding would eventually stop and not to worry. That was at 2 months post op. I haven't spoken to her since.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions. Thank you!

Farrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Re: Bleeding after sex 4 MONTHS post op?

HI there,

I had a vag hyst with anterior/posterior repair around the same time as you. My surgery wasn't cancer related so I can't be sure that what you are experiencing is the same thing as me but if this helps: I bled for 6 weeks then I went back in for laser coagulation to remove excessive scar tissue and granulation tissue and then had it treated again with silver nitrate.

I too still bleed after sex and find it painful, also lasting about 24 hours. I am pretty certain the granulation tissue has come back again - did you have this? If you haven't spoken to your oncologist since the 2 month mark, do you think putting a call in for advice would be helpful? If your Dr is helpful and sympathetic, what can it hurt?

I hope that everything is ok and would be interested to hear from other sisters on this.

Thanks.
Unread 06-07-2010, 07:11 AM

Hi (((Farrow)))
I agree with (((Leesy))) that you should call and have the dr check this again. Two months is a long time and the heavy,yellow discharge could be an sign of infection.

This just doesn't sound right. I hope the dr will get you right in. Let us know what you find out.
Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2010, 06:46 PM

Hello,

I have never heard that I had granulation tissue. They just kept telling me that I was healing very slowly and had to keep on restrictions longer to heal. Spoke to my oncologists nurse today and I have an appointment Monday morning for a physical and some bloodwork. I probably still just need more time to heal but four months seems a little long! I'll let everyone know what the doctor says in case it will help someone else. They will check my red blood cells and probably say to be patient. Might even hear to stop having sex again. Whatever will work I guess.

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one still healing!

Take care,
Farrow
Unread 07-10-2010, 09:05 PM

I am now 5 months post op and still the same problems. I have had two silver nitrate treatments and have a third Monday. I wish this would stop so I could feel normal again! I'm sure hubby feels the same.
Unread 07-10-2010, 09:39 PM

Gimly,

Sending you a hug and hope you completely heal soon!
Unread 07-18-2010, 06:32 PM

I had a bad smell and some pink discharge every now and then. Its been 9 mos for me since my surgery! I went in and found out I had a bacterial infection and a 2 inch "tube" of granulation tissue that bled as soon as she touched it. She wants to freeze it off and said it shouldn't come back. My infection cleared up with Flagyl but the yellow discharge is back afetr just 2 weeks so I think the infection is coming back. I have been reading a lot on here and it sounds like the infection thing is fairly common as well as the granulation. (But it still is gross!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register