Vibrator after Hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vibrator after Hysterectomy? Vibrator after Hysterectomy?

Unread 06-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Vibrator after Hysterectomy?

How soon after having a laparoscopic hysterectomy can you use a vibrator for clitoral stimulation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Re: Vibrator after Hysterectomy?

That is a question best asked to your Dr. Mine cleared me for outer course and oral at 2 weeks. Not that it did any good.
Unread 06-25-2014, 04:59 PM

Every doctor is different. I was cleared for outercourse and oral at 8 days... and it has been awesome..got 1 more week to go to get total clearance (hopefully)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2014, 05:15 PM

As soon as your doctor gives the clearance is when it's okay. It really is important that you ask your doctor, as not all doctors have the same orders for their patients. Call your doctor to ask what is right for you.

Best wishes for your recovery!

Unread 06-25-2014, 05:41 PM

It is not so much the vibrator on the outside, but what happens to your muscles on the inside.
So be sure to get cleared.
Unread 06-25-2014, 06:39 PM

I wasn't cleared for anything and was on complete pelvic rest for 6 weeks. Nothing in the vagina, no external stimulation of any kind, no straining or any activity that would put pressure on my pelvic area of any kind. Be sure to get it cleared by your Dr as he/she knows best what your internal sutures and vaginal structures can handle. 😇Lissa
Unread 06-25-2014, 06:53 PM

I am 3 weeks post op and my doctor said pelvic rest for 6 to 8 weeks nothing no forplay nothing . Which is fine by me I do not have a high sex drive never have . My husband has been wonderful all he cares about is the fact that I am ok so he said how ever long it takes. I have to say when we can have sex and foreplay I am nervous.
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:45 PM

I was cleared at 8 weeks. Then only for halfway penitration not all the way. Also some ladies above have mentioned oral. I have learned that oralcan be very dangerous to the healing process due to the mouth containing so many bacterias. Many of which are not good and can cause serious infection. So please ask your doc. All are different in opinion
which I find very interesting. I have learned much too that you want those muscles to heal proper too among other reasons we need to just be paitent and allow our bodies to heal. The key is being paitent. Give yourself plenty time and rest. You dont want to go backward. Best wishes.
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:53 PM

I was cleared for oral at 2 weeks, but I didn't have a cuff or anything healing vaginally but the top of my cervix. My hysterectomy was needed because the bottom of my cervix was already scarred over and sealed. So really no where for bacteria to go.
Unread 06-25-2014, 08:55 PM

I am almost 5.5 weeks post op. I got tired of giving the hubby a helping hand with no love for me. Tonight he did what the OP asked about with her vibrator. It was only on the outside and no inside just like my doctor ordered. I still managed to have a moment and that was scary. I feel pretty good atm. We will see what tomorrow brings.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register