Complex Hyperplasia with A Typia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Complex Hyperplasia with A Typia Complex Hyperplasia with A Typia

Unread 06-13-2001, 09:27 PM
Complex Hyperplasia with A Typia

Can anyone explain more about this? It all came up rather fast for me. I tho't my bleeding would have just been cured by a simple D & C, but the pathology report came back with the name listed above. Now I'm concerned about getting this over with because there is a 25% chance that it could be undetected cancer. I don't especially think a 1 in 4 chance is that great of news. I mean - I had a Down's Syndrom child when I was barely 19 years old. My chance of that happening was a lot less than this chance of cancer. Now - I will be 60 in August.

The oncologist says he doesn't need to be present during surgery, because I just need to have everything removed and sent to the lab, and his presence wouldn't make a difference. Still, my Gyne will have another gyne present during surgery. Is this normal? I am to have a verticle abdominal incision.
I'd like to hear from others who have had this diagnosis.
Thanks,
Lorrianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2001, 10:56 PM
Lorrianne....

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

I did have uterine cancer...early detection is the key with this and with atipia hyperplasia this is very early....pre cancerous. I had a horizontal cut. If they had found my cancer had invaded more than 1/3 of the endometrium then they would have cut up at each end of the horizontal to get the glands biopsied. If those were involved than I would have had a T incision. Did your Dr. explain why a vertical incision is necessary?

At my surgery was my Dr., an onocologist and a general surgeon. My Gyn indicated that once the uterus was removed the onocologist would examine it as uterine cancer is visable to the naked eye. Then he would decide if further incisions were needed for additional biopsies. If I had needed lymph nodes removed, the the general surgeon would have taken over.

Every Dr. works differently depending on their level of skill and surgery preferences. This may be normal procedure for your Dr. and your diagnosis.

The best thing you can do for yourself and your peace of mind is to ask questions. Lots and lots of questions. Ask here and be sure to write down questions for your Dr. I usually forget something I wanted to ask about so now I make a list as I think of things.

I certainly understand your fears. I sort of froze for a couple of days after my diagnosis. But this is early...you can beat it. I did, and you will, too.

The vertical incision part...please ask about that. I would be very interested to know why a horizontal can`t be done. Your Dr. certainly knows your circumstances better than I do and I am not questioning the need for a vertical.....I`m just nosey about the different methods and why and when they are used.

You take care of yourself during this stressful time. Get alot of rest if you can. Do some nice things for yourself. I will be thinking of you and praying for you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register