what is considered normal bleeding/clotting/discharge? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what is considered normal bleeding/clotting/discharge? what is considered normal bleeding/clotting/discharge?

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:17 PM
what is considered normal bleeding/clotting/discharge?

I had a davinci hysterectomy just over 6 weeks ago. (Uterus and cervix removed along with large fibroid.) I have had some brown spotting/discharge every day since surgery, some days more than others but usually minimal. I have pretty much led my normal life since 2 weeks after surgery other than I have not lifted anything heavy. I have been walking outside or on the treadmill and using 8 pound weights since 3 weeks post op.

Since I hit the 6 week mark, I decided to go to they gym to work out a little harder this past Saturday. I did a couple different elliptical trainers and some weights. Sunday night, I was bleeding more than I have since the first couple of days after the surgery. And it was brighter red than it has been. Though it was not enough to soak through a pad in an hour.

Today, I hardly spotted. Then tonight I decided it was a good idea to kick the soccer ball around with my son for almost an hour. When I went to the bathroom, there were black clots on the toilet paper and I am now feeling a bit sore in the pelvic area.

I probably overdid it. But do you think there is any reason to call my doctor? I see him next week for my 8 week checkup which is the first since my 2 week checkup.

Thanks for reading this long post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Re: what is considered normal bleeding/clotting/discharge?

Wow I'd say you probably over did it. Dark blood is usually old. Honestly if it were me, I'd call just for peace of mind because I'm the type that would worry until the day of my appointment I'm kind of freaking because I only had spotting 2 days after my Davinci and that's it. I'll be 4 weeks post op on Wednesday.
Unread 06-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Re: what is considered normal bleeding/clotting/discharge?

I've had the same thing happen and I'm 11 weeks. A couple weeks ago I saw my dr and he said I'm just a slow healer. BUT if I were you, I'd still call. That's what I did haha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register