Incision opening at 4 weeks post-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision opening at 4 weeks post-op Incision opening at 4 weeks post-op

Unread 02-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Incision opening at 4 weeks post-op

Just wondering how you are doing Hershey...any update?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks

Thank you for asking, that was nice.

You're not going to want to hear this (and I can hear all of you through the computer) but I didn't go. I have my 6 week post op on Thursday.

I have been at this ...surgeries..tumors....cancer for more than four years and just wanted 6 weeks off of not going to a dr or hospital. I've had 5 surgeries but still afraid of needles. I know this doesn't make sense to you.

I guess the oncologist will just stitch it up Thurs. It's about 2 inches wide and still looks like it's draining.
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:23 AM

Well they can't stitch it up at this point, it will heal on its own, as long as you are feeling ok without fever and the drainage is clear - keep it clean and covered...I understand the not wanting to go there - I've been at it for 6 years...fortunately no cancer now...megace had cleared all that but it does get hard going back and forth for procedure after procedure - just take care of YOU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 11:43 AM

Hershey1616:

I, too, am 4 weeks out and I read your post with concern. I didn't chime in as you had plenty of others gently urging you to get seen.

However, I can understand you. Sounds like you've been through the ringer. I would imagine you just want so much not to be dealing with illness anymore. I'd want to focus on work and normalcy too if I were you.

The only advice I'd give you is to be sure that you have doctors that you can really talk to. You should be able to discuss this feeling with them and they should advise you on the danger signs that REALLY must be seen, those that could be life threatenting and can't wait. And don't feel like the people on this site are judgemental. You can really say anything here. I honestly understand your feelings and I'll bet others do too.

Wishing you the best,
Sarah
Unread 02-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Cancer Concerns Forum

Dearest Hershey1616,

My prayers have been with you as I know that you are going through such an extremely traumatic time with everything going wrong that can.

I have a friend that posts in Cancer Concerns Forum and I do read the posts there. These women like you are going through so much more than a hysterectomy and they are truly inspirational. Have you every posted there for support? They are a fantastic group of ladies, many of them fighting ovarian cancer..... I am sure they would have some wonderful support and advice for you as they can truly relate what you are going through.

Keep us all posted on your progress and our thoughts are surely with you.
Unread 02-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks

Thanks for your nice words. Going to doctor tomorrow and prepared to be chastised for walking around with an open wound for 2.5 weeks. It's about 2 inches wide now..the little openings are now one big opening.

I wonder what the chances are that she will let me go back next week???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register