Nerves Raging | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nerves Raging Nerves Raging

Unread 09-19-2001, 09:14 AM
Nerves Raging

I know I am in the same boat as the rest of you! But my nerves are raging. I keep listening to my calming tape[don't have headphones, so you can imagine how my family is reacting!], and praying and reading and keeping busy.
Just doesn't seem to go away.
I am almost there. My last period showed up Monday for an hour! Then it stopped, unfortunately, the symptoms that go with it, did not!
So I am more nervous from hormones. I really don't want to go to pre-op on teusday having a period. It won't bother me in the physical sense, or the dr, just know I am so much more nervous during it. Say a prayer it either starts or never comes and things calm down!
Just venting. had to get it off my mind. I love you all, Be well.
Peanut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2001, 09:44 AM
Nerves Raging

Dear {{{Peanut}}} Vent anytime you want to: after all you've gone through, you're entitle to venting. And we're here for you!!!

Peanut, you're almost there. Only a few more weeks and you'll be a crowned , finally . And all of this will be behind you.

Now, take a deep, calming breath, or two and relax. You'll be ok, my friend.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Unread 09-19-2001, 10:55 AM
me too

I was doing really well this week until I went to the hospital today, then things went down hill fast. Have to be there Friday at 6:30 (not 7:30 like the dr said) so now I have to deal with shuffling kids when I didn't expect to. The mandated pregnancy test really ticked me off - have had more of those in the last year than I did before DH had the ole snip snip 14 years ago. Then the old educator tells me I'll be in until Tuesday, not Monday.

someone needs to turn off the waterworks around here for me.

I'm supposed to work tomorrow, but I'm just not sure that's going to work out. Staying home is not a good idea, too much time to think and dwell on things.

I'm not afraid of the surgery, but I sure hate this out of control school bus on a hill feeling that I have right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2001, 12:01 PM
Nerves Raging

Thanks Girls.
I really appreciate it. Dany you have stood by me for so long. God's Blessings and a special thank you. Nel, you got it right on the head! "out of control school bus on a hill feeling ". I wondered how to descibe my stomach! Prayers to you ....I think we are gonna make it!

It's almost over, it's almost over....I feel like Dorothy in the wizard of oz! "I wanna go home I wanna go home!"
Love, hugs and prayers
Peanut
Unread 09-20-2001, 12:14 PM
Going crazy

ok, so I thought I was smart - got everything done around this house yesterday, ran errands, the refrig and freezer are stocked, bag is packed - figured I could just lay around and be lazy today!

Wrong !!! I feel like a caged animal - just a bundle of nerves - can't sit still, can't ge interested in my book, nothing good on t.v., tried to nap, couldn't sleep, have too much pain to go walking -- just plan going crazY!!!

Don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight at all -- hope there is a good old movie on t.v. - guess I rent a video or something. Just don't know what to do until I go to hospital at 6 a.m.

Keep me in your prayers -- I guess I could start walking to the hospital about 3 a.m. and then I have something to do!!!

Jane Elizabeth - bundle of nerves!!!!
Unread 09-20-2001, 12:28 PM
Nerves Raging

Jane Elizabeth,
I know what you mean! Nothing is helping and I still have 10 days left! I have faith in you! I read your posts with enthusiasm! You always have wonderful things to say to people. And now I have a task for you ,.....{if you don't mind!}, When you get back from your castle visit, could you please write a post and tell me this is worth it?
As I sit here today, My last period is hurting so bad, I literally can't see straight. I hope I am spelling everything correctly! I keep telling myself that this is the last one, and I dont' ever have to feel this agian! And then I cry cuz I am so grateful and excited, then I am nervous again and can't do anything! What a day!
I am lighting a candle for you tomorrow ....what time are you going in? Will send lots of light and warmth your way! I do not have to send God's love...He is already there.
May the Holy Spirit guide the hands of your physician and may you awake in much less pain than you have already gone through!
You are going to do great. Almost there Girl! Write when you can!
Lots of love adn hugs
Peanut
JOYNEAU@prodigy.net
DUH! Jsut read your post again....stupid blurry vision! I will light it at 6 AM.
Unread 09-20-2001, 02:12 PM
Nerves Raging

My perimenopausal insomnia has reared it's huge head this week........I just lay awake and toss, then go to the couch and try, etc. Only I know in my case it's not nerves cuz this has been cycling this way for a couple of years. I figure the night before surgery I'll be up like an owl which is the last thing I figure I need.

Bottom line, I don't see any problem with you walking to the castle at 3:00 AM
Unread 09-20-2001, 02:43 PM
Nerves Raging

Dear Nel and Jane,

Good luck to you both tomorrow you will be in my thoughts (basically "Those Lucky ducks get to get it over!!"). I pray you all have great surgeries and the best of drugs to help with your recovery and look forward to your post op post that will encourage us LIW that the wait is worth it!!!

God bless!!!

Brenda
:halfmast:
TAH/BSO
October 10th
Unread 09-20-2001, 02:49 PM
almost there

Peanut ,only 10 more days for you and 11 for me.Jane E i agree with peanut let us know how it goes maybe you can help calm some of our nerves.. I to am So PMS'ing this week. I"m sure to start before the surgery just hope i'm done by then...I feel so badd I've been yellin at my DD's (16 13) to get things done,they never know if their coming home to crazy mom or happy mom, lately...All the post I have read say the waiting is the worst, talked with my sisterinlaw who had this done last year and she said she feels better than ever... I to will light a candle for you and say alittle prayer in the morning... good luck to all
Unread 09-20-2001, 03:14 PM
Nerves

I know exactly how you feel. I am the same way. I have been reading alot. making rosaries, and needlework. My date is Oct.5,2001 and I'm running on pur adenalin now. I'll be glad when it's over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register