feeling great | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling great feeling great

Unread 08-21-2006, 07:18 PM
feeling great

I have to tell you all that I am doing great 6 days post op ( tah). I feel such a belief already without the big fibroids, it is amazing. I was in the castle for 4 days, one more than expected because the meds were making me ill. Right now I just take Advil as needed and some gas x. I have lost 6 lbs, after delivering the fibroids. I went into the operation in good physical condition so I expect (I hope) a smooth recovery. To all the sisters in waiting, please make sure you keep up with your exercise routines, even if you feel a little uncomfortable with fibroid pressure. I have to assure you it makes a big difference being in good shape. I will be 44 so I know it is not easy to do, but I exercised every day up to the day before my surgery (8-15). I do have the infamous swelly belly and I have some trouble falling asleep, but I consider myself lucky. I did have a c section 18 years ago so I am no stranger to swelly belly and gas pain. Another tip, drink lots and lots of water and easy to digest foods. Good luck to all the sisters in waiting and a speedy recovery to the post ops.

caramelo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2006, 08:50 PM
feeling great

Caramelo,
Good for you, girl! I'm 43 also and have found that being in good shape makes an enormous contribution to fast healing. I know what you mean about the relief of not having those giant fibroids anymore. I felt the difference immediately after surgery - such lightness! No more pressure in my gut! Just marvelous! You'll lose that swelly belly soon enough when you get back to being active, but for now - enjoy your downtime (I miss it!) of being pampered. A word of advice - when the doc says you can drive, DON'T tell your family! Pretend you never heard that and stay out of the car! Once you start driving, everyone thinks you're back to business. I learned the hard way and am now back to being Miss Chauffeur for my daughter and her friends.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register