sur sched dec 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sur sched dec 5 sur sched dec 5

Unread 11-22-2003, 12:29 PM
sur sched dec 5

hi ladies...hysterectomy scheduled in 2 weeks..i have big bad fibroids ...im 50 so I dont mind saying bye bye to my ovaries...my gyn is in favor of also taking cervix...will i ever have sex again???? also what about fallopian tubes?? I am scheduled for spinal..i had a bad expereince with general anastesia last year ..i had my gall bladder removed and the breathing tube caused me to hyperventilate badly...since I had spinal for a c secrion I dont mind being up at all...Im just feeling a a little desolate losing all my organs..altho the thought of no more periods is wonderful....know lots of people who have gone through a full hster and feel wonderful...interested in some feedback ..thanks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2003, 12:59 PM
sur sched dec 5

Hi Chenille

Welcome to HysterSisters! There is tons of information, advice, support, and s when you need them.

Be sure to check out the PreOp Hints and Articles (click here) for information and answers to help you get ready for surgery.

Read and research as much as possible to help you, in conjunction with your DR, make the best decisions for you.

Everyone heals differently but I am 21 months post op and my surgery is now a distant memory.

Best wishes!

ps - please click on "control panel" then "edit profile" and add your surgery date. This way you will be on the calendar, and we can be sure to send you special good wishes as your date approaches. Thanks!
Unread 11-23-2003, 07:49 AM
sur sched dec 5

Hi,

What you're feeling seems pretty normal to me. I think that most of us have some fear of the unkown- the what if's. I had a tah/bso last year. Usually when your ovaries are removed it includes the tubes. If your're in doubt - ask your dr.

My cervix was removed aslo and - yes, there is sex afterwards

best wishes.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register