Positive return to intimacy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Positive return to intimacy Positive return to intimacy

Unread 01-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Positive return to intimacy

I would make a call to the doc. about the leaking. If it's nothing, then you didn't waste much of your time. But on the slight chance it's something that could do better if you call sooner, I would call.

kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2009, 02:45 PM

Wow Glad I found this post. I had my TAH on Nov 3, back in the hospital for fistual repairs on Nov 13, stent in kidney and more stiches at top of my vagina. Came home catherized for 5 weeks. Every cystogram showed different leaks AFTER the surgery. Dec 17, had stents removed and cath removed. During the Dec 17th cystogram, was told there was another leak and to monitor it. I don't see any evidence but do have urgency issues.

OK now the sex part, we haven't. I have been cleared by the GYN but not the urologist, not sure if I need to be cleared, he hasn't said. I mentioned it to hubby that I was willing to try, he flat out said NO. He does't think I am ready. Well ok...so the longer I wait, the more fearful I will get?

He too is well endowed. I had everything removed so the vagina is stitched (anchored?) at the top (i think). Will the road be long enough? I am scared but willing to try. My husbands lack of enthusasim makes me feel undesirable, that my ugly scars are a turn off. I miss him in that way, we did have a great sex life prior to all my problems with bleeding etc. I thought this surgery would be the answer to my prayers!
Unread 01-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi LuciaKen

Glad you posted in this thread!!
I'm guessing your hubby might be scared and frightened of hurting you!.
My hubby was very worried our "1st time" as he is NOT little and I was worried about the length of my ""own personal road"" now that I have NO cervix, lol.
I'm surprised he managed to climax (I didn't choose too), as he kept asking if I was OK every minute and was very wary of everything!.

I'm sure you'll be fine and BOY its such a relief to get the 1st one out of the way!
Give yourself and him a little time, OK Hunney??.
All the best dear
Unread 01-21-2009, 09:07 AM

I am nervous about the length of the vaginal canal as well, but someone on here reminded me that the cervix dips into the vagina like the stem from a pear (the pear, being the uterus). So when they remove the cervix and so the top of the cuff, it shouldn't be shorter than before. So that makes me feel better.

Kara
Unread 01-21-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by December 8th
OK girls,

Well after that a few days--I did get to try out my new body with climaxing and SO much more powerful than ever before AND no bleeding or cramping=YAY!!

So girls just go carefully--get your clearance from Dr--and remember YOU are in control--DO what you want to & when.

Its really NOT that bad and scary at all!!!!!
Thank you so much for your wonderful, positive post! I felt so much better after reading it!

Hugs for you!
Unread 01-21-2009, 11:01 AM

WOWZA!!! makes me think of Emeril . . . Yeh, baby . . . BAM! That was very encouraging. I have had orgasms but not penetration yet so I am looking forward to see my vaginal response to this surgery. When I did have the big "O", my pelvic area/body shook (I know that sounds crazy) and I had a hard time controlling it as I did not want to hurt anything. When I mentioned it to my doc at 4 weeks to see was it okay, he responded . . . "Of course, That is what I want" (meaning that is what he hoped to accomplish with surgery . . . I simply laughed and agreed . . . "THAT IS WHAT I WANT!!! My doc is an older, very suave gentleman from Jamaica and is well respected as a great doctor in our community, and he has a great sense of humor. His response to trying to control my orgasm was . . . "Darling you can't control it once it starts

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register