Pain still??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain still??? Pain still???

Unread 03-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Pain still???

Hi, I am three weeks today and have yet another question for you all.
I was doing realy well and had hardly any pain(except bowel and gas pains) and now this weekend I have worse pain. It feels like my period all over again. I havent hurt this much since 2 days post op. what do you think ladies?
Am I o.k?
Sweater1

Total vaginal hyst. March 7 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Pain still???

I feel the same way, I am back to work today for the first time at 3 wks, the drive to work was O.K. but I feel more pains than last week, I feel this pinches, twinges ache pains that only go away when I walk for a while but when I try to get up for the first time it takes a few to really feel good walking. So I guess this is normal I am so tired of not feeling good, before my surgery I did not have any problems with pains or anything my problem was that I started to bleed spot for a month and the doctor did a D&C and found something called Complex Hyperplasia and he said I needed to have the surgery but I felt fine with no problems now I feel lousy and I don't know when this is going to end. I just want to feel good again.
Unread 03-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Pain still???

I felt really good my 2nd week, having an uneventful recovery minus gas pains and bloat. Went to Dr appointment and couldnt understand why she didnt want me to go bk to work full time the 3rd week since I felt so good. she sd take the 3rd weke off and see what you thnk before going bk to work, alot happens in this time frame. I listened and was glad I waited. Went bk to work part time hours the 3rd week and by the 4th week, I was good to go for full time. I really think the 3rd weke was a turning point for me. I felt good and bad off and on and still required the afternoon rests. I also had the twinges of pain here and there, and still do, but each week is getting better, and I just makeit a practice to keep listening to my body, it doesn't seem to fail me. Good luck and sorry to hear you have to have another operation for the hyperplasia. I had simple hyperplasia prior to my surgery and when the DR got in there, it had sloughed away and was gone???????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Pain still???

Alina53, I was the same - not in a lot of pain before the surgery, just heavy bleeding. I had the TAH/BSO for the complex hyperplasia as well and it turned out the hysterectomy was a good decision as my pathology came back with endometrial carcinoma in big bold print. Yikes!

Anyway, I too want to get back to feeling better ... I'm at day 18 and feel worse these past few days than I did initially. Shooting pains that I guess are the nerves healing? I know a lot of my pain is because I am doing more, but it seems wrong somehow! Whine, whine, whine - that's all I want to do. Must be better if I'm cranky, heh heh.

I think we're all experiencing normal, healing pain and shouldn't be too concerned.
Unread 03-29-2005, 07:25 AM
Pain still???

bjklassy, yes I know what you mean, they are like shooting pains that come and go, and is true that I feel more little pains and aches now than at 2 wks and 1 wk but I guess that is the way it is, has anybody else have this problem?
Unread 03-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Pain still???

Hi everyone:

I have felt like most of you. I have had twinges with some aches and pains during recovery. I do think it's an up and down course
which I believe is part of the healing process. My main issues have
been gas pain, (which has improved) and right sided pulling/aching with some low back pain. These symptoms are usually aggravated when I do too much. Speaking of that Im getting ready for a dreaded 1/2 day at work today. Im going to do my best to try and not overdo it in what is a very busy enviornment. I believe our recovery is a process, in that some
of us will we have good days and some not so great, but I think we have to try and remain patient and attempt to pace ourselves- easier said than done LOL. I am just so grateful for all the support and words of wisdom from everyone here. It has certainly been a huge help and support for me.

Judith
Unread 03-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Pain still???

I am glad you all responded. My doctor said that it is normal to have a lot more pain once you begin working again and becoming more active. We need to litisen to our bodies when they tell us to slow down unstead of plowing through inspite of them.
Unfortunetly I have developed an infection and it is the cause of my pain. It was getting worse not better and that is what sent me to the doc.
I am off for an ultrasound and wishing you all .. all the best in your healing.
Remember not too much too soon. If it hurts litisen.
Sweater1
Unread 03-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Pain still???

Sweater1 where do you have your infection? you say you have this infection caused by pains? don't get it. maybe I understood wrong. please explain for me.
Unread 03-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Pain still???

swater1 Have you had any discharge with your pains?
Unread 03-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Pain still???

Hi ladies,
I had sharp pain "sharp stabbie pains" in my lower abdomin.That came and went but were very hard to bear. They also got worse over a few days instead of better.
Around my pelvis. And in my vigina.
Small discharge that was clear and had only a faint odor.
It smelled like normal discharge but a little stronger.
My doctor took a swab and an ultrasound.
Everything inside was o.k. My stiching in my vigina "flower"
was infected. Probroby because I had a bath too soon.
(week 2)
I used only baby body wash in the water and showered before.
But no luck for me. SO BE CAREFULL... NO BATHING!! 4-6 weeks.
Thank you all again for all your help.
Sweater1

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register