I dont feel "right" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I dont feel "right" I dont feel "right"

Unread 11-26-2007, 07:24 AM
I dont feel "right"

Today is looking like a "down" day for me. Yesterday I was sore and didnt do to much. I did take a short walk in front of the house to see the Christmas lights. But today I didnt want to even get out of bed.

I have been having a lot of gas and incision discomfort. My shoulders ache from laying around so much and I am bored.

Then I thought I was 3 weeks post op for some reason and wanting wonderful things to happen when I realized I am only 14 days post op.

My job is starting to worrying me as I work with some real narly people including my boss. If she is in a bad mood she could easily start the ball in motion to have me terminated. I am covered by Family Leave and Disability but I have seen her do some things to people that you would not believe.

Sorry for this crazy post but I am in a funk today and I am glad I have somewhere to post. It will be along day until DH gets home from work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 07:38 AM
I dont feel "right"

CL, I'm sorry you are in such a funk today! I think it's all part of the healing process. Your body has been under a huge stress and needs to recover. Do you have any funny movies you can watch? What about friends you can call? A few times, I've called some friends just to check in with them (even if they were at work). It was nice to just hear their voices. Can you make a lunch date with someone? Maybe they can pick something up and bring it to you, or even pick you up and go somewhere. That way you can escape the house for a bit.

It's easy to worry about the job when you aren't there, but try not to. I think it adds to your funk. It sounds like this is a nice break from being around people like that!

I hope your funk eases!
Unread 11-26-2007, 08:45 AM
I dont feel "right"

I had my surgery the same day as you, and there's NO way I would consider going back to work at this point. Just getting ready for work would do me in quickly! I am going a bit stir crazy, though, and I'm hoping I get the OK to drive today at my post-op appointment. At least then I can go to the grocery store!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 12:51 PM
I dont feel "right"

Hi ComfortableLady,
it is too bad that the folks at work are being so unsupportive - no wonder you are in a funk.
Remember our number one rule - pamper the princess!! See this time as a gift to yourself - be patient with yourself and surround yourself with positive people - I am finding this helps. The phone is a great buddy - do what you need to in order to be happy!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register