How long after T.A.H am I sopposed to have pain? Help Please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long after T.A.H am I sopposed to have pain? Help Please How long after T.A.H am I sopposed to have pain? Help Please

Unread 09-05-2006, 08:09 PM
How long after T.A.H am I sopposed to have pain? Help Please

I had my T.A.H on August 1st. so about 5 weeks ago. How long can some one be in severe pain? I am still hurting really bad. I saw my doctor for my 4 week post-op and he said it is normal, well then I had a fever of 101.8 and vomiting and svere diarreah so went to ER and I couldn't even stand up well they did blood work and said everything was normal and then they said I needed to see my doc. so I drove 5 hrs. to see him and he was delivering babies so I had to see his P.A which was verry rude and she said that my fever wasn't high enough to worry and said that the pain medicine was causing my nausea but I hadn't been on it for a week before I saw her so how could that make me vomit 7 times a day? I have just stayed hydrated and am starting to fell a LITTLE better but not much. The thing that scares me the most is that my severe pain is on the left side and it feels like the endo. I had before the surgery. I just fell like something else is wrong with me and nobody can figure it out............what do I do? and is it normal to still have pain 5 weeks post-op?????? thank you for and ideas...........angeleyes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2006, 08:20 PM

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling good. Yes it is very normal to have pain at five weeks, I sure did!! As far as the fever and vomiting could it be the flu? I know doctors and pa's can be big huge pain in the *** I am dealing with them as well, I am six weeks out and still am in pain. Please be sure that you stay hydrated. Do you have anyone there to help take care of you? Also I started taking phenergen about 3 weeks ago for my nausea and that has really helped.
Unread 09-05-2006, 08:24 PM

I tried asking my doc's PA for som phenegren just to at least make me comfortable and she said no that it would not help me and that I just need to stay hydrated. Well thank you so much for your advise. So how are you feeling 6 weeks post-op? still in pain? are u taking pain meds. or what do use that helps???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2006, 08:36 PM

Dear Angel Eyes,
Yes it is normal to still have pain after 5 weeks, I just had my 1 year anniversary of my complete hyst. However, when I was in my thrid week of recovery I ended up with a very bad bladder infection and that was very very painful. So they may want to take a urine sample to make sure. Bladder infections are failry common after surgery from the tube they use for your bladder. And just remember, things will get better. I'm glad I did it and feel better. Also try reading some good comforting books, that helped me a lot. I read Chicken Soup for the Christian Woman's soul and it truly got me through a good two weeks. Take Care Chris HUGS
Unread 09-05-2006, 08:46 PM

cp705, thank you for help. I always wanted to read that book, I will have to buy it....... everytime they did a blood sample they said I was fine and they did do one urine sample a couple weeks ago but it was before the fever and all that. Thankx for the help. I really apreciate it!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-05-2006, 08:55 PM

Hello Angle Eyes,
I am still uncomfortable but not like I was at 5 weeks, it REALLY does get better slowly but surely. I am still taking phenergen and Napraxen and Advil.
Jennifer
Unread 09-05-2006, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_eyes
I had my T.A.H on August 1st. so about 5 weeks ago. How long can some one be in severe pain? I am still hurting really bad.
While it may be normal to have some pain at 5 weeks post op, I don't believe severe pain is normal. You need a doctor who will get to the root of the pain. Do you have a Primary Care Physician you could see?

I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 09-06-2006, 08:16 AM

I had severe pain on my left side and the doctors ran all sorts of tests. They thought I had a hematoma (the ultrasound showed nothing). They thought I had an infection (again - every test came out negatively).

It turns out that my IBS (intestinal/colon spasms) was acting up and my bladder was spasming. When I started taking my IBS meds and muscle relaxers - I felt better.

Since the gyn is so far away and isn't helping you - your GP should be able to help. I hope you find relief soon.
Unread 09-06-2006, 08:47 AM

Everyone, Thank you so much for the ideas. I thimk I will be seeing my doc. this week or atleast someone that can maybe help me because it just feels like something else is going on but they are maybe missing something???? who knows??? well hank you so much............angeleyes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register