Anyone else do too much and are paying the price now? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else do too much and are paying the price now? Anyone else do too much and are paying the price now?

Unread 10-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Anyone else do too much and are paying the price now?

tamrea1 - I don't have any pain specifically on the right side. I am still having pain all over. Kind of a cramping-achy pain. It seems to just get better, I somehow forget I am supposed to be healing and then BOOM, I just want to curl up and die for a few days. :-) No such luck. Life keeps on going. I felt sooo much better a week ago than I do now. I wish I would've known what can happen when you "do what feels ok". I had a TVH and removal of the left ovary. Some, I feel much better than before the surgery. It's still painful but it's a different type of pain and I just keep thinking that at least this pain will stop one day. (If I don't overdo it now). Can't seem to remember that though. Are you still achy or just having pains in the right side? I still haven't been able to have a painfree bm yet. Hoping that will happen soon. Getting better but still a long ways to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2006, 09:24 AM

kbro78 - I am still achy as well. Bowel movements are still a problem but not as bad as they were. They are definitely getting better. The pain is my right side gets worse if I lift or do anything strenuous. After resting it feels better. But then as soon as I sit to long or lift a heavy file at work, it starts hurting again. I am just ready for it all to go away.

When will you start working again?
Unread 10-23-2006, 09:28 AM

want to hear a really stupid decision? I'm at 5 weeks, and I'm not sure why I did this, but I went roller skating yesterday with my kids for family skate night. I wasn't going to skate, but I got all sorry for myself for having to sit around doing nothing. Now I have to stay home and recover. (i think it was worth it)
Unread 10-23-2006, 09:40 AM

I think we all tend to over do here and there. I over did it 4 days post op and learned from that. I, still at 4 weeks post op, will not lift anything heavier than a milk jug, which was what I was told to only lift..8 lbs. I still try not to do too much bending. I really take it easy for the most part. I do chores like empty and load the dishwasher, dusting, cleaning the counters, putting groceries away, and cleaning light duty parts of the bathrooms, wash and dry clothes. I stay away basically from anything heavy lifting and I do not mop or vacumn...I hear those are big no no's....so far what I have been doing has worked for me. I use my reacher grabber thingy to reach into the washer for clothes cause I am short and have to stretch a lot..so that way I use that and can wash clothes..or i use it to pick up things off the floor where I have to reach further..etc.

Take your time and allow the healing process. It takes awhile and you do have to take it easy, but doing those will ward off possibly years of complications.

Good luck!
Unread 10-23-2006, 10:29 AM

"I, still at 4 weeks post op, will not lift anything heavier than a milk jug, which was what I was told to only lift..8 lbs. I still try not to do too much bending. I really take it easy for the most part. I do chores like empty and load the dishwasher, dusting, cleaning the counters, putting groceries away, and cleaning light duty parts of the bathrooms, wash and dry clothes. I stay away basically from anything heavy lifting and I do not mop or vacumn..."

You are a much stronger person that I am. I admire your intelligence. how do you do it?
Unread 10-23-2006, 11:01 AM

I am three weeks post-op and took a slow stroll outside the other day, about 6 blocks total. Did some lifting and vacuuming around the house as well. I feel worse than I did 10 days ago and I have pain now that I didn't have right after surgery! This is very frustrating and slow. I am a VERY active person and feel like I am going crazy. It is very encouraging to see that I am not the only one!
Unread 10-23-2006, 11:14 AM

I was reading another thread where some of the ladies were saying how great they felt and all the things they were doing and I suggested they slow down because they will pay for it later. This is major surgery we do need to heal so let the process happen.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register