That Full Feeling? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

That Full Feeling? That Full Feeling?

Unread 09-02-2005, 07:21 PM
That Full Feeling?

I had the same feeling pre-op: the bloating, the pressure, the bladder problems and the bowel problems were starting up as well. I wondered about feeling "empty" inside (physically), as well. After all, they did remove a uterus with fibroids as large as a small melon! What I felt was additional room. I could feel my bladder and bowels adjusting to their new space. My colon spasmed a few times in the hospital, but once I knew what it was, I was fine with it. It was a new, unusual feeling...not painful really. About one week post-op things felt more normal. I also had a bladder lift, so it took my bladder longer to settle down, but it has and not leaking is a wonderful thing!

You will be very tender post-op and need to be sure to rest and follow any restrictions you are given. I had a large fibroid pressing on my right ovary pre-op and it caused constant pain. The first thing I noticed when I woke up from surgery was that the pain was gone and I was mostly just very sore...a different, temporary pain. It was a great relief!

Good luck and I hope you feel much better very soon!

maggiemay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 03:29 PM
That Full Feeling?

Maggimay84,

You have explained a lot of what I am feeling. I have a constant pain in my lower left abdomen and have been wondering if possibley my uterus or a fibroid is pushing on the ovary. I am so glad to hear you feel much better after surgery. I just can't wait to get rid of this feeling of pressure and pain that I have.

Thanks to everyone for all of the information. It is nice to know I am not alone.
Unread 09-03-2005, 04:23 PM
That Full Feeling?

I'm a little late chiming in, but no you are not alone hdprincess. I feel and look alot like what you described and often find myself holding onto my abdomen for support. I definitely look pregnant, and even had to get a few things to wear from the maternity department to accommodate my huge belly. Looking forward to having my surgery. It can't be soon enough for me at this point!

cjcj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 11:29 PM
That Full Feeling?

Shellstork,
Isn't a "normal" uterus about the size of a pear?
Unread 09-04-2005, 06:24 AM
That Full Feeling?

Thanks All. Now I Know I'm Not Alone. And Some One Feels The Same Way. Nice To Know This Is Not Normal. ( Thats What Drs. Said For Years)
Unread 09-04-2005, 09:53 AM
That Full Feeling?

Hey,
I noticed we have the same sugery date, sounds like some similar symptoms. I have cramps daily and in the night, fall is coming and most of my pants are too tight, I may need to buy some elastic pants if it gets much cooler, even underwear feels tight. I am looking forward to the surgery and it seems like these symptoms will go away after reading many posts. Good luck with the surgery.
Danielle
Unread 09-07-2005, 09:23 AM
That Full Feeling?

I remembered that the "normal" size of the uterus is a pear. Funny thing is, my husband and I drove 2+ hours this weekend to an orchard to pick peaches & pears. I found myself taking lots of photos of the pears, for some strange reason. Now I know why! I went to a Naturopath yesterday - for her opinion. She instantly said "you don't need a hysterectomy - just use progesterone cream" Among other things about her - I'm not convinced.
Unread 09-07-2005, 09:44 AM
That Full Feeling?

I just had my hys. on August 24th. I was always swolen and in pain in my stomache and all. problems w/ bm sometimes with pee. no fibroids and doc said TINY uterus. Smallest pathologist had ever seen. Couldn't stand for long periods, swelling got way too bad. Looked 5 months pregnant by end of day. Anyway much better as far as pain, swelling not gone from surgery yet. But slowly, getting better.
Good luck, hope all goes well. ConnieK
Unread 09-08-2005, 09:31 AM
That Full Feeling?

I have the same problems and getting worse. My surgery is scheduled on 11-15-05 and it could not come soon enough. Is there any recommendation on pain meds for the constant heavy cramping i have? My largest fibroid is the size of a pear and I have 5 fibroids total. I am so glad to have found this site.
Unread 09-08-2005, 10:30 AM
That Full Feeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellstork
Does anyone know the "normal dimensions" of a uterus? I'll have to find my US report, but is did have the dimensions...just curious and bloated belly!
I am 51 and my Dr said my uterus should be the size of a lemon/lime. Mine is the size of a large grapefruit. The older you get the smaller your uterus gets, or should I say supposed to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register