day 11 of my "period".. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

day 11 of my "period".. day 11 of my "period"..

Unread 07-12-2010, 05:20 PM
day 11 of my "period"..

This was my introduction of myself yesterday....

Hi All...

12 years ago I complained about pain in my right side during sex, horrible cramps during my period and not being able to hold my urine. They stretched my urethra and blamed the pain on my bladder. So I dealt with the pain. 2 years ago I was a non-stop working machine. After getting injured on the job and going through 5 surgeries my life slowed down and I ended up on disability at the ripe age of 42. Trying to cope with the change, I kept myself as busy as the pain permitted and throughout this time I ignored the ever increasing severe pain in my right abdominal area. Too many other things to deal with and the pain meds that I was taking were helping with the abdominal pain so.... Well, yesterday I had to go to the ER after 9 days of a HEAVY flow. They seemed amazed that I had gone through 80 + tampons and a box of pads (not to mention multiple pairs of pants). I was exhausted, dizzy and weak. After pumping me full of fluids, doing ultra sounds, bloodwork and exams, they informed me that they could not stop the bleeding and that I have multiple fiboids. They sent me home with Oxy and told me not to take any of my normal NSAIDS. I am to call for an "emergency" appt with a gyn that does di-vinci Monday as 2 of the physicians at the ER said that I need a hysterectomy asap. I was so shocked that I never asked any questions...just said "thank you" and left. Now I'm freaking out a bit..... Everything is hitting me and I feel like an idiot for not asking any questions at the hospital. I found this forum and saw that you all sounded like compassionate, caring and a very helpful crew.....so here I am....confused, dazed and with no idea which way is "up".

My PCP scheduled an appointment with the Gyn of my choice but they are telling me that I can't be seen until July 27th due to the practices heavy schedule. My only other option was an appointment with a NP this Thurs. to discuss how to control my bleeding. Not to be gross, but if I try to walk to the bathroom I pass clots and bleed through whatever I have in and on. I thought they would be a bit more concerned about the blood loss but don't seem to be. Is this normal? The Gyn office said that the 27th was her first emergency appt available. So I lay on the couch with a heating pad eating freezie-pops.....

Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Re: day 11 of my "period"..

oh, my PCP said the ultrasound report showed 3 fibroids approx 4cm and 1 2cm
Unread 07-13-2010, 04:34 PM

well, day 12 went better.... I got an appt today due to a cancellation. They started me on Aygestin to get the bleeding under control then they will decide on either a laproscopic exploration or an ablation depending on the outcome of the meds. They were surprised the hospital didn't give me anything to stop the bleeding. oh well.....wish me luck that it stops :0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp View Post
I am to call for an "emergency" appt with a gyn that does di-vinci Monday as 2 of the physicians at the ER said that I need a hysterectomy asap.
Hi gtp:

Since your PCP isn't able to get you an appointment until the 27th, perhaps you should call the gynecologist who does daVinci on Monday, as suggested. It's always a good idea to get more than one medical opinion.

Keep us posted on your progress I hope you are able to find the right ansswers soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register