5 Weeks post op, GAS abdominal pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Weeks post op, GAS abdominal pain 5 Weeks post op, GAS abdominal pain

Unread 01-14-2008, 08:04 AM
5 Weeks post op, GAS abdominal pain

Hi,
Is anyone else having this problem? I am burping and tooting all day long. I have pains in my upper left side under my ribs and pain in my upper left back and mid back. I am feeling SO discouraged. I had really hoped that this surgery was going to solve a lot of physical problems for me and I am in pain in these areas every single day, all day long. I am at a loss for what to do.
I was having these pains before my surgery, had all kinds of tests done and nothing was found. But now the GAS is SO BAD! And it feels like intestinal gas, not all stomach. The only relief I've had is to take some Milk of Magnesia which seemed to help a little bit the next day after a bowel movement but I can't live on laxatives and the heating pads for the rest of my life! HELP!
Oh, at my post op my Dr. told me that my left ovary was adhered to my bowel and my bowel was adhered to my abdominal wall. He said everything was stuck to everything in there. I had a ruptured ectopic on that left side in 2005.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 04:08 PM

kat1228

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. There are many ladies who have problems following surgery, and some for longer than others.

I hope someone will be along soon to share but, in the meantime, you may wish to check out our HS article <link> Gas, Gas, Gas! if you haven't done so already. You could also try a "search" (click third from the right, on the purple bar, towards the top of this page) where you'll find plenty of posts to read through. Here's a link to one thread to start you off: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ighlight=gas-x.

If the situation doesn't improve then please don't hesitate to contact your doctor with your concerns.

Sending all good wishes and I hope it improves, very soon. Take care!

Unread 01-14-2008, 04:41 PM

I am just wondering if you are sensitive to something you are eating? Milk, Wheat? Maybe your intestines are really sensitive right now??? My mom has had a huge issue with this, had everything, tried everthing, turned out she is allergic to wheat. Its made a huge differnce since she found that out..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Gas

Talk about gas! I have never in my entire life experienced anything like this. I am so so very angry and upset that I ever did this thing to my body. I had my partial hysterectomy in July and haven't had one decent day without being doubled over with gas pains since. It was and is the worst experience of my life. After going to every doctor imaginable and having multiple cat scans, x-rays, blood work etc... I am still in pain. Can anyone offer any relief? If I only knew what was going to happen to me I would have NEVER EVER EVER have had this surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register