Bleeding from Stitches on Abdomen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding from Stitches on Abdomen Bleeding from Stitches on Abdomen

Unread 08-21-2012, 05:28 AM
Bleeding from Stitches on Abdomen

I haven't had any bleeding from my stitches on my tummy or any spotting for weeks already.

I'm now on my 6th week. This morning, I noticed blood on my binder, from my stitches and awhile ago when I checked, a bit of blood again. My Hubby told me that I was lying face down while I was sleeping last night. He said that I was talking in my sleep and had cramps on my legs. Yesterday morning, my Hubby and I finally had sex, after the longest time as well.

I'm kinda worried about this, HELP! is this even normal?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2012, 06:01 AM
Re: Bleeding from Stitches on Abdomen

Have you looked at you stitches, does it appear to be open anywhere. At 6 weeks you should have healed some and shouldn't start bleeding especially if you haven't up to this point. Have you had your post op check yet and did the bleeding start before or after you had sex? I know a lot of questions.. I think you should call your doctor, he/she should be able to tell you better what's going on. Keep us posted to what he says

Loys of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:24 AM

thanks! Hugs to you too!

I'm going to my doctor :doctor. Tomorrow, so I will ask. It's really odd, I noticed that it feels different, a bit soft where the blood spot is. The rest of my stitches are smooth but firm.

This weekend I hosted a bridal shower for a friend, I don't know if stressed myself too much. Sunday, I was walking a lot and was up and about. I got tired but did not mind it.

Monday morning my Hubby and I had sex, but no blood spots from binder yet upto this point.

That night I was sleeping face down and had cramps with my legs. Then in the morning there, I saw some blood spots on my binder.

I'm really worried and I'm gonna check this with my doctor tomorrow! Any sister who have had a similar experience? It would really help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2012, 08:50 AM

Try not to worry too much. Just wait and see what your doctor says.
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandatd View Post
Try not to worry too much. Just wait and see what your doctor says.
Thanks so much for reading my post and replying. Really helped me to seek my advice and not to worry too much.

Just came from my 6th week check up. And the Doctor said that I shouldn't be worried much about the bleeding on a small spot of my stitches. Its just on the surface and won't open up. It should heal and close up.

My Hubby and I decided that dinner at a Japanese Restaurant be a good way to celebrate my recovery, plus movie date. We had to make up for it, we were told to go easy on the sex. Maybe wait until October. Oh well, better to be well, right?

It is well with my soul there are many things to be grateful for in life!
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:20 AM

Amen. There are so many things in life to be grateful for. I'm glad that you're okay. As far as the sex goes, your body just isn't ready yet, but just looking ahead think about how great it will be when you are ready. Until then .....
Dinner and a movie sounds great. I love your outlook on things. Eventhough you didn't get the all clear sign, you can still say that all is well with your soul and that you are grateful. I'm sure the Lord is pleased.
Unread 08-23-2012, 06:36 PM

Thanks!

This sight has helped me a lot to have a better outlook on things. Everyone I know who has had this are relatives, a lot older.

I am 31 and none of my friends have gone through what I've gone through and everyone that I know, family and friends are getting pregnant. From the first month until now, baby pictures and family pictures are up their FB walls. Kinda depressing really, but here, we are all healing. We are all in the journey to our recovery. It does give me the comfort I need for the day, to move on, face my real world.

To me this is my real world. I really thank God for my friends here Thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register