Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt

Unread 01-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt

GETTING SCARED, ANY COMMENTS ON YOUR RECOVERIES HAVING HAD BOTH TOGETHER. DID YOU SURVIVE THE PAIN????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt

hi,
Being new Im not totally sur what Tt is but i did have a PAH a year ago today.... and im doing all right. The recovery was alright, not many problems. Im experiencing some stuff now, like pain in my ... um... well i want to say uterus area.. but its not that anymore ... but you get the picture anyway... it hurts and i need to figure it out but it is NO WHERE near what i was experiencing. Sexually im ok, in fact lately ive been a little too ok LOL my hunny doesnt know what to do wiht me sometimes.
I still find i get tired, and that may be due to a thyroid problem though.... I think that alot of women probablly experience some aftermath but in the long run do ok. I know it is scary and im sendinga BIG your way!! Hang in there.

For me the biggest thing is some adhesions ( which im just learning about ) and my Scar is still sensitive and sore... You will be ok and just remember why you are doing this, its for you... so you can be ALL YOU DESERVE TO BE!!!
Unread 01-12-2005, 11:07 PM
TAH kept ovaries

I had a TAH on December 30th. I was released to go home on January 1st. The worst thing about the recovery at least the first few days in my opinion is the gas and inability to pass a bowel movement. Milk of Magnesia was my best friend. An enema before my release from the hospital was also a godsend. I am almost two weeks post op now and doing great. You will tire very easily so please get lots of rest afterwards and when the Doc says no physical activity he means it. I let my family do all the housework and they still are doing most of it. Although the outer incision heals rather quickly the internal needs much more time to heal. Take care of yourself, allow others to pamper you and do what has to be done, I know that was a difficult thing for me being the one who does most of it, but your body will thank you. The incision will hurt for some time, but the less you do, the better it will heal with less chance of problems. Even if you feel better take the time you need to heal, it really is very important. Please e-mail me anytime you need to talk and if you have any questions that I can help answer I would gladly do so. I wish you a successful surgery and a very speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt

Hi

I had a TAH/TT in June of 2004. It truly was not as bad as I thought it would be. The hardest part of the TT is that you can't stand up straight for a week or so. Just take care of yourself, do NOTHING, and follow doctors orders. You'll feel better in no time!!

Good Luck!

Julie
Unread 01-13-2005, 07:20 AM
Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt

Well, I didn't have a tt, but I did have a panniculectomy, where they take off some of the lower abdominal fat. So I can speak to this a little.

I ended up with a hip-to-hip incision, which they left at least 1/2 open so it would heal from the inside out. They also left three drains in me, which came out over the space of about 2 weeks as they stopped collecting fluid.

I don't know that the pain was any more intense than it would have been for the hysterctomy alone, but I do think it hung around longer... in other words, the recovery was *slower* but not necessarily *harder* if that makes any sense to you.

Hope this helps!
Unread 01-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt

I had a TAH 06/04 and although I had some complications, I'm thrilled I had it done. No more bleeding, no cramping, no contant abdominal pain. I couldn't be happier and hope you'll eventually feel the same.

Diana
Unread 01-13-2005, 06:17 PM
TAH & TT

I'M SORRY I SHOULD HAVE EXPLAINED MYSELF BETTER, A TT IS A TUMMY TUCK. I HAVE A THYROID PROBLEM AS WELL, BOY A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING, I HAD THREE C-SECTIONS, 4,12,14 ALL GIRLS AND HAD A BREAST REDUCTION AND UPLIFT DUE TO BACK AND NECK PAIN IN APRIL. IT WAS MEDICALLY NECESSARY SO INS PAID FOR IT ALL. TO THINK ANOTHER SURGERY MAKS ME WANT TO BARF BUT I NEED IT. I DECIDED TO DO THE TT BECAUSE I LOST 30 LBS, DUE TO THE STRESS OF ALL THIS HYST STUFF AND THE BELLY IS STILL HANGING. I SAY GOODBYE TO THOSE CONTROL TOP UNDERWEAR IVE BEEN WEARING FOR 7+ YEARS.
IF ONLY PEOPLE COULD SEE US UNDER THE CLOTHING.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND RESPONSES, IT MAKES ME FEEL LESS STRESSED FOR THE BIG DAY 1/19/05 6:45AM
BONNIE
Unread 01-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt

BOY, IT SEEMS SO MANY PEOPLE ARE READING MY THREAD. I THINK THERE IS A REAL CURIOSITY THING ABOUT THE TUMMY TUCK. ITS LIKE A SECRET. SOMETHIG SPECIAL FOR ME TO LOOK FORWARD TO. IF YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT IT GO TO MAKEMEHEAL.COM AND SEE BEFORE AND AFTERS AND ALL FORUMS TO READ...............INTERESTING

BONNIE
Unread 01-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Help!!!!! Any Tah & Tt

I would love to have a tummy tuck as well... but i need to lose some weight first im about forty pounds overweight and i nknow once oits gone there will be more hanign WOO HOO!! I am glad you are feeling a little better though.... Just think once these battery of surgeries are ove ryou will feel more like the person you truly are!! hang in there!
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:16 PM
tummy tuck too?

My doctor told me I couldn't have a TT done at the same time. Reason: if there were complications from either surgery (two different doctors) then no one could tell which procedure caused the problems. That made sense to me. (Before I got the good news about the hysterectomy I had seen a cosmetic surgeon and was getting prepared to do the TT soon to correct the bag I've carried around since my Cesarean.) Are some of you telling me that it is possible to get both procedures done at the same time? One would be covered by insurance and the other not. That's OK. Tell me more.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register