Hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and feeling discouraged. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and feeling discouraged. Hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and feeling discouraged.

Unread 11-13-2016, 07:53 PM
Hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and feeling discouraged.

Hello, I am new to hystersisters so bear with me.
I had my surgery a little over 3 weeks ago and while I seem to be doing good I am still having pain in different areas.
I had uterus, cervix, tubes and ovaries removed. I continue to have stabbing pain left, right, and center off and on. I called my doctors office and they say this is normal....? So far, I have had zero menopause symptoms. Will these symptoms show up later??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDolbear View Post
Hello, I am new to hystersisters so bear with me.
I had my surgery a little over 3 weeks ago and while I seem to be doing good I am still having pain in different areas.
I had uterus, cervix, tubes and ovaries removed. I continue to have stabbing pain left, right, and center off and on. I called my doctors office and they say this is normal....? So far, I have had zero menopause symptoms. Will these symptoms show up later??
Hi there! You are absolutely normal! You are still so early in recovery... everything's is healing and it's going to take months not just weeks to be pain free. I know it's hard but be patient and gentle with yourself!. I've heard that some women are lucky enough not to have menopause symptoms and maybe you are of those? I will hope that for you! If you have them... you will know! It's a struggle! Do check out all the posts of HysterSisters and especially those for your week - It's been a total lifesaver for me!
Unread 11-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Re: Hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and feeling discouraged.

I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged, but I promise that you WILL continue to improve and you WILL feel better than you do right now. I remember being at the point you are at right now sobbing in the evenings and telling my husband I just wanted one day with no pain and wondering if that day would ever come. But it did come, eventually and I encourage you to just relax and let your body heal and it will do so on it's own timeline.

I wish you the best and send you a big cyber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2016, 09:27 PM

hello sister, I too am 3 weeks today but remember where I was at 2 weeks and wow, I am getting better. When I get those pains it tells me to sit down and kick up my heels or just lay down. Gravity isn't a good thing when our innards are healing. Grab a book and read for 1/2 hour with cold or warm pack and Tylenol, what ever works for you and those pain will relax too. Knock on wood I too haven't had menopausal stuff but I was post menopause to start out with at 53. just a day at a time
Unread 11-13-2016, 09:31 PM

Oh, you are normal! We've all been there, and as unhappy as you are feeling right now, it WILL get better. There are ups and downs along the way, but it does improve. Your body has been through a major trauma and needs time to heal. Be really patient with yourself, and think about taking the Motrin, Advil, whatever your doc suggested if you aren't already and you are uncomfortable. One thing that helped me was making sure I was up and moving every hour during the day, otherwise I tended to hurt more from getting stiff. That may not be the case for you, but just what worked for me. Two the things were a warm shower. It really helped to ease some of the aches and pains, even on my huge vertical incision. The other lifesaver which some Sisters (like me) love, and othere hate, was my ab binder. I thought it would bother my incision or the pressure would hurt, but it didn't. It helped me a great deal.

If you haven't joined the recovery thread for the week you had surgery, I would encourage you to do that. It helps so much to chat with Sisters who are on the same time table.

Hang in there, and relax.
Unread 11-13-2016, 09:46 PM

I thank you all for your responses! It helps my feelings a great deal!
When can I have a Margarita?
Unread 11-13-2016, 09:49 PM

Now THAT is an excellent question! I am on blood pressure meds, so virgins only for me. But I think once you are off any narcotics, and if there is no other reason to avoid, anytime I think.
Unread 11-14-2016, 04:51 PM

I'm back again with another question! Today I have been feeling like something is trying to fall out down there. Has anyone had this feeling? I will be 4 weeks post op this Thursday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register