Countdown! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-06-2001, 01:02 PM
Countdown!

I'm having my pre-op appt. this afternoon, have to do lab work tomorrow morning. Surgery is Monday. Hospital still has not called me to tell me what time to be there. Oh, I haven't checked my phone messages, duh!

Starting to get a little hyper. Like I'm winding up and going to run like crazy. Other than that, I don't feel scared, just anticipation I guess.

Will check back in this evening after the appt. If for nothing else than some hugs!
Hugs,
Miranda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2001, 01:05 PM
Countdown!

Hang in there Miranda! At my pre-op appt at the hospital they told me everything...from what time to be there to what parking lot to use to what door to enter. I know you are down to the last days now but just think of how great you are going to feel when it is all over!

Hangeth thou in there baby!

Renee
Unread 04-06-2001, 01:49 PM
Countdown!

Hang in there, Miranda! I know how you feel. My surgery isn't until May 9, but I know with 2 previous surgeries for my endometriosis, you will know all that will happen before hand. My prayers and heart go out to you and thank God we found this site before hand!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2001, 06:20 PM
Countdown!

Hang in there. I am having my surgery Mon. also. I have to be at the castle at 5AM, for an 8 o'clock surgery. My GYN is going to try TVH/POSSIBLE BSO, hopefully he can do it that way. I will be thinking about you this weekend. Have you taken care of all of the last minute details. I hope you are not like me, stressing over my house being cleaned. I am lucky though , my Mom and sister came today and cleaned my Kitchen thoroughly and tomorrow 2 of my friends are cleaning the rest of it. That is a load off of me. My b-day is Sun. Boy, what a b-day gift.. Thinking of you.. Rhonda (king@wnclink.com)
Unread 04-06-2001, 07:06 PM
{{{HUGS}}}}

Here's a couple of hugs for good measure.

My surgery was on a Monday. One thing I did that weekend before was to schedule some special time with my daughter, to play on the floor with her and take her to lunch. Then we had a quiet Sunday at home (in between running to the bathroom for the bowel prep) to just all be together. It was very helpful to have that time. If it wasn't done by then, it wasn't getting done!

Monday night you will be wearing your beautiful crown and looking forward to resting and healing.

Much love and luck to you!

Karen
Unread 04-06-2001, 09:15 PM
Countdown!

Thank you for words of support! Started getting a little hyper but calmed it down. Had my pre-op and doctor says it feels like the lupron worked and fibroids have shrunk. Anyway she's going for the TVH.

Found out I don't have to do bowel prep or douche. DD said that's old techniques as far as she was concerned. Yea! Man, I didn't want to do those!! What a relief.

However, she did really screw up my day tomorrow because not only do I have to do lab work, I have to go get an EKG and an X-Ray done. I had my schedule all planned out and this is going to really ruin it. Oh well. I have to be at the hospital at 5:50 a.m. - yikes! I'm first surgery of the day at 7:30.

Thanks again for the kind words!
Hugs Back Atcha!
Miranda
Unread 04-06-2001, 10:25 PM
Countdown!

I'll be thinking of you on Monday, and sending good vibes your way! You sound nervous, but with a great attitude. I hope I'm as ready as it seems you are, when my time comes.

I still haven't gotten a date yet, but it's only been two weeks, so I'm sure they'll call soon! (hope, hope, hope)

Make sure you post when you're up to it, and give us all the details. Get that hospital in line and make sure they take good care of you. I'll be there for mine soon enough! I've figured out that I'll be having mine at Morse as well, since my clinic sends emergencies to that one, not Roseville (duh, should have figured that out right away.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} They'd better be good to you, or they'll hear it from me when I get there!

Shelia
(fellow Kaiser Sacramentan)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register