Question about pain on lower right side | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about pain on lower right side Question about pain on lower right side

Unread 04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Question about pain on lower right side

Hi sisters I had a TAH ( kept ovaries) on March 21.. and for the past two days I have been having some pain lower right side...even hurts when I sit....just wondering if anyone else has experienced this......If it continues I will check with my doctor....thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2006, 12:32 PM

its probably normal, i had mine done one day b4 yours and i had those pains along with pain all over, but i didn't keep my ovaries so i would definately call and see what the doc says. good luck and good healing vibes are sent your way
Unread 04-07-2006, 12:37 PM

i have read and written posts about questions dealing w/ right sided pain. i would ask your doc before the weekend if it were me. when i was feeling that, it turned out i had a 9 cm. blood cyst on my ovary. i mean in no way to imply that you have one. i only want to stress that sometimes things can be going on that we take for granted to be normal. i chose to deal with mine for 2 1/2 weeks before i could not stand it anymore! it ruptured on the way back into surgery. hugs girl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2006, 12:38 PM

I kept my ovaries too and i had pain like you described around the smae time period. I even whined about it a bit to my DH and i am not a big complainer. I kept thinking maybe I was ovulating , but then it would change sides. I have always had painful ovulations. I wish you well...take care!!!!
Unread 04-07-2006, 12:51 PM

I have pain like that even now when I over do it.... Mine feels almost like it is on my pelvic bone. It had faded with time, but still will remind me if I have over done things. I never did ask my DR about it, not sure why ???
I did have my right overy removed. I just presumed it had to do with that.

Take Care
Danette
Unread 04-07-2006, 12:51 PM

it could be a cyst.. Call the dr! Hugs Raymo
Unread 04-07-2006, 12:54 PM

It can take awhile before you are completely healed, so it is not unusual for you to have aches and pains here and there for many weeks. You may wish to talk to your dr about your pain just to be sure you are fine, but one thing to consider is that by having your ovaries, they should ovulate. Is it possible that you are ovulating already? Do you have any other "that time of the month" symptoms?

Best wishes to you!
Unread 04-07-2006, 01:33 PM

Thank you all so much for your quick responses.....I really apprectiate it......hugs
Unread 04-07-2006, 01:55 PM

I had lower right pain yesterday and this morning but not this afternoon. I actually went to the hardware store (very exciting) and took a little walk. For me it is really when I lift my right leg. ?Ovary, Muscle? I don't know but others have mentioned it too. Do you still have it and how are you feeling?
Unread 04-07-2006, 02:45 PM

Yes I still have it...but not as bad as yesterday.....if it keeps up over the weekend I will get a hold of my doctor....thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register