Bleeding after TAH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding after TAH? Bleeding after TAH?

Unread 07-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Bleeding after TAH?

I am having my surgery 8-10-05 and I am trying to get everything ready for when I am stuck in the house. Last night I bought two packs of maxi pads. I asked my mom today if she thought that was enough and she says she doesnt think I will use many at all.

I am having a TAH. What have you all heard? Alot of bleeding? A little? And, when can I have sex again after the procedure---6 weeks? 8 weeks?

GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Bleeding after TAH?

I had a TAH with a vertical incision. I only bled very lightly for 2 days post-op and I haven't had any bleeding since. Everyone is different, though, so I would bring some along just in case.

Good luck!
Unread 07-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Bleeding after TAH?

I just had a TAH July 7. I did not bleed hardly at all. It was mostly a light brown. I took panty liners to hospital, but have never had to use them. Only used two of the hospital pads while I was there and never really bled on them. But I suppose every one is different. Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Bleeding After TAH

I also bought some maxi pads, because I was told that there would be some bleeding. I was one of the fortunate ones I did not bleed at all. I gave all my pads to my daughters, since they were the MAXI-type they only use them at night. Good Luck and Best Wishes on your surgery.
Unread 07-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Bleeding after TAH?

Thanks for the speedy replies----SO it will be wonderful to be able to give away left over maxi's and tampons to my sister!!! WOO HOO!!!. I suppose I will go and by some panty liners to take with me to the hospital!!!
Unread 07-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Bleeding after TAH?

Hi GA sister, I only needed pads for about 4 days, and it was very light anyway. Like you, I had stocked up just to be sure, but never needed them. I hope your Castle stay will be an easy one and you have an easy recovery. Oh, my doctor said no sex for 6 weeks. That's next week for me, yeah!
Good luck!
BonBon in GA.
Unread 07-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Bleeding after TAH?

Another GA sister checking in. I gushed the first time I stood up after surgery. I was warned it would happen so I wasn't alarmed. After that I spotted for maybe 2 more days and that was it. No bleeding at since then. I have just now bought all new underwear. woohoo!
Unread 07-14-2005, 05:03 AM
Bleeding after TAH?

It was only a day for me and then just spotting on the second day, after that nothing. I used the hospitals pads and not the ones I took as I had no bloomers on anyway (and one of the disposable chux pads under me). I still have boxes, bags and stashes of pads and tampons that I have to give away!!
Unread 07-14-2005, 05:18 AM
Bleeding after TAH?

I had a TAH,and after the first 24 hours I didn't have any bleeding at all. I only used the hospital pads--- well, that's not quite true - I only NEEDED the hospital pads, I still wore some at home for a few days just to be safe!
As for having sex, your dr should give you the go ahead at your post.surgery check up. Most likely it will be at 6-8 weeks.
Please don't put anything in your vagina until the dr gives you the ok.

best wishes for your surgery and recovery!
Unread 07-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Bleeding after TAH?

I only used one pad in the hospital. Actually, I used two but only needed one. The nurse who helped me with my sponge bath told me I had a little bit of bleeding. By the time I went to the bathroom by myself a few hours later it had stopped. Never had another discharge of any kind.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register