Boggy uterus/pregnant looking belly? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Boggy uterus/pregnant looking belly? Boggy uterus/pregnant looking belly?

Unread 07-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Boggy uterus/pregnant looking belly?

Last year by the time I had my hysteroscopy and D&C I had noticed my belly looked pregnant. I was not pregnant. I am overweight and gained a lot of weight after my surgery and a bit before when I couldn't move around much, but my belly was dysproportional. I took a little longer than usual after a laparascopy to fit into jeans as my belly seemed to deflate a bit.

I am noticing that same pregnant belly look again. None of my shorts fit right because of this.

Is this all in my head or is it part of the whole utuerus full of gunk thing? I was not told it was enlarged (or that it wasn't), just that it was boggy and full of old blood, blood and clots. I wasn't told anything was unusual appearing on the uterus with laparascopy.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Re: Boggy uterus/pregnant looking belly?

I had adenomyosos and fibroids and had a similar boggy, swollen belly like you describe. I couldn't fit in my regular pants for quite some time before my hysterectomy.It's not all in your head, it's all in your belly!!
:cathugs:
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:10 PM

Adenomysosis is certainly looking like a possibility. My dr. would never say that until she has pathology. She is not a speculator, esp. with me because I am a therapist and have enough ability to understand medical stuff enough to get scared.

I kept asking about my belly last year and nobody would say much besides the surgery would tell us more. And while I remember the boggy uterus thing and asking the morning after surgery if that's why I looked pregnant I don't remember the answer. Stupid pain meds.

Does pregnant belly go away? What type of procedure did you have?

Do I understand correctly that the adenomyosis causes pulling on other structures leading to pain? I'd give, well, my uterus and cervix to not have pelvic pain especially as it is increasing in where the pain is.

Saturday is step one in my plot to try to get this to move faster. If that doesn't work and my next period is like this one I'm taking my clotty self up and begging to get it over. I am scared of my periods now. That cannot be a good thing. The next is to arrive just in time to make me miss my niece's 2nd birthday. I missed her first birthday curled in the fetal position on vicodin. I want to be at her 3rd birthday with no reservations.

Thanks so much. You are an awesome presence on this board. which I am SO GLAD I found.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2012, 09:43 AM

JEN
Does pregnant belly go away? What type of procedure did you have?

Do I understand correctly that the adenomyosis causes pulling on other structures leading to pain? I'd give, well, my uterus and cervix to not have pelvic pain especially as it is increasing in where the pain is

Keep me posted as you progress through this journey to a pain and blood free life!My pre op pregnant belly has been replaced by post op swell belly. ( Not much different) I have read on here that after surgery our bellys swell ( worse in the evenings) especially if we over do it. Mine is not as huge as it was right after surgery, but still too big to wear my jeans yet. I am patiently waiting for it to be normal again, and read on here to be patient, it will shrink eventually! I had a Davinci , removed uterus and cervix, kept ovaries. All my pre op pain is gone. I have small aches and pains occasionally from my surgery recovery, but all that horrible pre op pain is gone.My adenomyosis caused back aches, cramps, shooting pain down my legs, all kinds of weird aches and pains.My large uterus was pushing on my bowels and bladder causing issues too. They are all gone now!
:cathugs:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register