Swollen and tender belly 3 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swollen and tender belly 3 weeks post hysterectomy Swollen and tender belly 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 07-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Swollen and tender belly 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Tomorrow I will exactly 3 weeks post op and have been experiencing a very tender and slightly swollen belly. I have been doing more walking than usual could that be the cause? Other than pain medicine is there any other remedy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Re: Swollen and tender belly

Sounds normal. The more you do now the more it will swell I found putting a heating pad on the tummy made it better. My swelling has just about stopped after 6 months. I heard some pit ice on it but if you do only 15 mins at a time. I found ice didn't help,much.
Unread 07-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Re: Swollen and tender belly 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Thanks I tried ice and it felt a little better but not much. I will definitely be using my heat pad tonight!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda18302 View Post
Tomorrow I will exactly 3 weeks post op and have been experiencing a very tender and slightly swollen belly. I have been doing more walking than usual could that be the cause? Other than pain medicine is there any other remedy?
Monday will be 2wks post op for me and Im having swollen belly and groin/pelvic heaviness and pressure towards lower back too...did the heating pad help. it gets worse at night, maybe because i do walk around my apt more during the day, bending light house work...so maybe Im paying for it at night. i take two percocets so that i can sleep at night, but I dont want to do this every night...this all started on tues. any advice?
Unread 08-02-2014, 09:43 PM

The best advice I can give you is: take the swelly belly as a sign to slow down!
I had a swelly belly for the first 4-5 months, and by swelly I mean I looked heavily pregnant. Not fun.
Unread 08-02-2014, 10:15 PM

3 weeks post op. Doctor out of town, my incision is open a little and I have stitches hanging out! Not good red infection is present. I am taking antibiotics they don't seem to help. Having horrible back pain,using heating pad and Motrin for this helping a little, my stomach is super sore and swollen, yes I have been doing to much I have a 17 month old to run after. my body aches especially when I sit for a while. I'm still not driving because I haven't seen my doctor yet. My moods are better, today is the best I've felt since surgery. I feel depressed off and on. I really don't have support. It seems everyone doesn't really care how I am at this point. Is anyone else having any of these issues?
Unread 08-02-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie1980 View Post
3 weeks post op. Doctor out of town, my incision is open a little and I have stitches hanging out! Not good red infection is present. I am taking antibiotics they don't seem to help. Having horrible back pain,using heating pad and Motrin for this helping a little, my stomach is super sore and swollen, yes I have been doing to much I have a 17 month old to run after. my body aches especially when I sit for a while. I'm still not driving because I haven't seen my doctor yet. My moods are better, today is the best I've felt since surgery. I feel depressed off and on. I really don't have support. It seems everyone doesn't really care how I am at this point. Is anyone else having any of these issues?
Im so sorry you're going through this. First off, about your stitches, don't your dtr office have a dtrs on call??...I think you should get that taken care of asap!!...do you have anyone to help you?...sounds like you're by yourself. I pray things get better for you. This site has been so helpful...I would do a search for depression feelings on the site to see if you can find any forums to help. Learning how to ask for help is very important too. we as women are so strong and have to have things all together and sometimes difficult to reach out for help.. (me included!!) You're in my thoughts and hang in there.
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:14 PM

Thank you so much for your concern! There was pa on call, all they done was prescribe me antibiotics, my doctor came back finally she just gave me antibiotic cream for my incision she said the stitches will desolve in time. It's still very red and painful. Thank you so much for your prayers! I do not have much help and there's really no one to ask for help. This site has really helped with my questions. I'm strong I will get through with Gods help I will.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register