Driving after Surgery/SVT (Racing Heart Episodes) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Driving after Surgery/SVT (Racing Heart Episodes) Driving after Surgery/SVT (Racing Heart Episodes)

Unread 04-25-2002, 07:19 AM
Driving after Surgery/SVT (Racing Heart Episodes)

I have 2 questions today.

1. Is there an average time for when you are able to start driving again or is is up to your doctor?

2. I was diagnosed w/SVT back in 1999 underwent an EP study and ablation. I ended up w/a pacemaker to keep my heart in rhythm. Prior to this I was experiencing racing heart episodes, etc, etc, which got worse around that time of the month. Anyway my new heart doctor said I still have a bit of the arrythmia left. I asked him once I had the Hysterectomy if my symptoms would go away, and he said he honestly didn't know, it could. So my question is has anyone on this board had a similar situation to this and if so, did you find it got better afterwards?

Thanks. I love this website. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions as I think of them. I go in for my Pre-Op on May 7th, but that seems so far away to be waiting for answers to questions I have now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 07:33 AM
Driving after Surgery/SVT (Racing Heart Episodes)

Hi Marie!

Every doctor is different, mine told me that when I felt like it or 14 days, whichever came first. I was driving at 11 days post-op. I drove with my dh with me at 10 days post-op.

Please check with your doctor after surgery for his instructions.

Sara
Unread 04-25-2002, 06:57 PM
Re: Driving after Surgery/SVT (Racing Heart Episodes)

Quote:
Originally posted by EMarieD
I have 2 questions today.

1. Is there an average time for when you are able to start driving again or is is up to your doctor?

2. I was diagnosed w/SVT back in 1999 underwent an EP study and ablation. I ended up w/a pacemaker to keep my heart in rhythm. Prior to this I was experiencing racing heart episodes, etc, etc, which got worse around that time of the month. Anyway my new heart doctor said I still have a bit of the arrythmia left. I asked him once I had the Hysterectomy if my symptoms would go away, and he said he honestly didn't know, it could. So my question is has anyone on this board had a similar situation to this and if so, did you find it got better afterwards?

Thanks. I love this website. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions as I think of them. I go in for my Pre-Op on May 7th, but that seems so far away to be waiting for answers to questions I have now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 07:04 PM
svt

hi , yes i have svt at times mostly right before my cycle i also get very shaky too . i was given topral to slow mine down it has helped alot. i need a hysto due to adneo, painful cramping and heavy bleeding . i asked my cardiologist if it would go away once i had my surgery he didnt know so i hope the surgery helps . let me know im very nervous about making a decision . but i cant go much longer in this pain.....good luck lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register