Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 01-May 07,2017 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 01-May 07,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 01-May 07,2017

Unread 05-01-2017, 06:58 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 01-May 07,2017

If your hysterectomy was between May 01-May 07,2017 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2017, 07:45 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 01-May 07,2017

Princesses to your Recovery Progress Report thread and the Otherside,

This is your thread for sharing with and caring for your kind sisters and caring for yourself. It will be as helpful as you make it. You can compare experiences, share progress, vent frustrations, ask questions and just generally find understanding.

I am your SunshineSister and remember how good it felt to have my surgery over. I am here to say "You are not alone" and to share my personal experiences and the things I have learned from other sisters. I had my DvH/BSO with rectocele & cystocele repairs 1/16/14 and had a slow but uncomplicated recovery.

Recovery is different for everyone and there is No Normal but we will have similarities to share. Initial recovery usually take 6-12 weeks and full healing can be up to 1 year. You know your body, listen to it. Heed any warning signs and please go slow. Healing will be faster with no overdoing set backs.

Make sure your profile has your correct surgery type, this is helpful as some answers to questions depend on this. Also while you are editing, where you are in this wide world can be fun.

So some Sisterly advice:
- Be kind to yourself & listen to your body.
-Follow your Dr's orders and limitations
-Accept help from family and friends. You just had MAJOR SURGERY!!
-Drink lots of water and eat healthy tummy friendly foods
-Rest,Rest, Rest, and Rest
-Walk a little each hour that you are awake (to bathroom, to get a cup of tea or glass of water)

Feel free to ask any question about anything that comes up or if you just need a cyber ((hug)). ASK.

This site has some great articles, so explore while you are doing some of that resting. Lol You could start at the top of screen with Articles in grey letters. The big blue bar helps with info also, including Hysteretomy Checkpoints. I really liked this. It let me know what to expect as I progressed in my healing.

Don't forget the post op forum to ask questions of sisters farther along in their healing who might have had a similar issue or concern. I will definitely be letting you know when this is a good idea.

So as you begin your healing remember you just had MAJOR SURGERY! You have One Chance to get this right. So please listen to your body and take care of you. That is the main task for you the next few weeks. We are here to help. See you when you are ready to post.

You have my prayers and good thoughts for your recovery.

Lots of Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 05-02-2017, 02:49 AM

Hi all,

Hope this is the right place! I had my Di Vinci hysterectomy yesterday (5/1), with removal of ovaries, tubes, and cervix, Surgery was at 10:30 yesterday and I was home by 3 p.m. I was given Toradol IV during the surgery and did not take anything else until I got home.

I feel fantastic. No pain at incisions, pressure feeling in lower abdomen. I am taking my pain meds scheduled. One ibuprofen 600 mg every 6 hours (set my alarm for these) and one percocet with one regular tylenol also every 6 hours (but alternating between the ibuprofen) . So at 6 p.m. took ibuprofen, at 9 pm took percocet, midnight ibuprofen and 3 a.m. percocet. It is working very well by not letting pain get out of control. I plan on doing this for a couple of days. I am using my abdominal binder (great suggestion from here) it keeps my tummy tight and I am using a heating pad on my back and ice pack on my front. I get up and walk around the house a every hour or two as I am afraid of gas building up. I work in periop but with children not adults and we always tell parents to give their kids pain medicine around the clock for the first couple days scheduled and so I figured I would do the same with myself to keep a nice steady amount of pain meds in my system without it getting out of control.

I figured out rolling to your side then sitting up to get out of bed works great. Finding a comfy spot to sleep was challenging at first because I like to sleep on my side which was not comfy yet but ended up sleeping on my back with two pillows under my thighs it took the pressure feeling away. I did though try many different positions.

I am drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated, A little burning at first but pushed my fluids and it is gone. I am taking a medicine called senexon - S which was prescribed to help with constipation two tablets at bedtime last night. If no BM today dr wants three tonight. It is a combination of senna and colace in one pill. The doctor gave me a nice chart on how to deal with that issue.

I am eating lightly but healthy.. I had made a big pot of vegetable soup prior to surgery and have had that, jello, a fruit smoothie, and a vanilla shake for a treat!!

I ended up not needing any lymph nodes taken and while the final path will not be available for 3 - 5 days I am taking that as a good sign!

Thank you for all your love and support. I am praying for you all.

Jodi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2017, 05:41 AM

Hi all. I had my surgery yesterday (May 1st) and I wish I was as lucky as some with no pain but alas, I am a TAH patient.

According to my surgeon, it went really well. The initial plan was to take out my uterus, tubes and cervix but she couldn't quite get down deep enough to remove the cervix entirely as I'm quite overweight and it was a bit of a struggle.

All in all I feel ok. The pain meds certainly help and I've been able to get myself to the bathroom on my own so I know I'm already making a little progress. If there are any other ladies who are overweight and have gone through a TAH procedure as well, I would gladly accept advice for the coming weeks.
Unread 05-02-2017, 05:59 AM

JustJodz and Renlish to your Recover Progress Report Thread,

Oh, Jodi, I sure hope all your Sisters read your post. It sounds like a prescription to healthy healing. one thing I would add is as the pain gets better you might want to only stop or space out the Percocet (when you can) and keep the ibuprofen for a week or two. It could help the congestion of inflammation that could be part of the cause of SwellyBelly.

A caution, in the first few days you still have the effect of the anesthesia and may feel a bit better than you really are so please keep doing as you are doing. It could be easy to overdo, so less is more right now. By day 4 you will know. From where I sit looks like you are in great shape. Thanks for posting. Soon you will have some sisters here to talk with.

Renlish, glad you are on the other side. Sorry things didn't go as planned but am sure this solution will be OK or your Dr would have done something else. Many sisters keep their cervixes. You might want to post a request on the post op forum of any specific questions. Or just go to that forum and read the post of sisters with your surgery type. Stay with your med schedule and soon the pain will get better.

Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 05-02-2017, 12:24 PM

Thank you Anndy. I am going to do my schedule for a couple days then wean off the percocet. I can take two but only take one. Yes, I do need to be reminded to slow down! Going to take a nap since I have been up for several hours. Truth be told I feel better than I have in months so it is hard to not take advantage of that!

Renlish, I am praying for you my twinsie!! Everyone heals differently I am quite surprised I am feeling so well. Many blessings to you my dear!!
Unread 05-02-2017, 05:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I had my LAVH yesterday. I was the first surgery of the day nice and early and was in recovery by lunchtime. Surgery went well at 2.5 hours. Uterus, cervix and tube was taken was able to keep one ovary.

When I woke up I was overwhelmed by the reality and finality of it all but nost of all I was relieved! It is over and I am now recovering and each day will get closer to my new life.

Pain has been manageable and now just dealing with the gas shoulder tip pain but heat packs are helping with that. I have a catheter and drainage tube in which will remain for another 2 days.

Would like yo hear from others who had an LAVH and how they are recovering.

Sending hugs and well wishes to all xxxx
Unread 05-02-2017, 05:59 PM

Hi Sisters and : Moninella,

So glad you are doing well also. Guessing that since you are in Australia, you will be in hospital for a couple of days. Here in Us unless there are complications they send us home usually after one night or like Jodi the same day.

The shoulder gas pain can be a bit intense for a short while so Walking and moving frequently can help it escape. I had very little of this pain so my Dr must have been able to get most of it back out. But some do have it for a couple of days.

Renlish, how are you doing today. Bet you didn't know you had a "twinsie" in MN. Love that, Jodie. Smiles will help you all heal faster. I am certain.

Gentle Sister Hugs to all,
Anndy
Unread 05-02-2017, 06:06 PM

Forgot to mention,

and these are the most important things you need to do the next few days

More Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 05-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Post op today! Peeing and nausea

Had my surgery this morning - so so happy to report that it went beautifully!

But, the anesthesia did a number on my tummy. I drank a bunch of water too fast after I woke up - in hopes of peeing and going home - and threw it all back up. So no dice on the pee requirement, my bladder is mostly empty.

I've been sipping water since and finally FINALLY went, only to learn I may not have went enough.

Have been here since 5:45am, not being admitted. Just waiting in my room, with my poor Mom and son, waiting to pee some more.
Just venting.. a tad frustrated!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register