6 days post-op ~ am I the only one who feels terrible? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days post-op ~ am I the only one who feels terrible? 6 days post-op ~ am I the only one who feels terrible?

Unread 06-22-2008, 01:15 PM
6 days post-op ~ am I the only one who feels terrible?

Coffee did the trick for me. Actually, it was a frozen cappuccino from QuikTrip service station. Those will do it every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2008, 01:35 PM

Hello,
On June 5, 2008 I had a Vaginal hysterectomy(ovaries left), TVT, anterior repair, posterior repair, uterosacral ligament repair, and repair of anal sphincter from a 3rd degree episiotomy 13 years ago. My 4 hour surgery turned into a 7 hour surgery because one of the docs sewed my ureters to the ligaments. I have a stent in my left ureter with suture hanging out of my vaginal opening for the do to use to pull it out (can't wait) lol. I developed a rectoperineal abscess and ended up in surgery again a week later. I a very active 42 year old and now until the abscess fully heals, am incontinent of bowel. The repair may have to be done again.
It took me 5 days of stool softeners, lots of liquids and soft foods to have a BM.
Please note that if you are taking narcotics for pain, that puts you at an increased risk for constipation. Liquids and movement should help.
Keep in mind that I am a nurse but all that flew out the window when I became the patient.
Also, a couple of days post op, I started having hot flashes, not just hot flashes, but red face, burning like fire and sweat pouring from my upper body. No one told me that it might happen from my ovaries going into shock over my uterus being taken. I went on Vivelle Dot and it has helped.
Hang in there, I still don't feel well, but I know that health and good days are around the corner for both of us. Every day is an emotional rollercoaster and my family thinks that I am crazy.
You are still very fresh out of surgery and just remember not to over do it.
Take Care and you are in my prayers!
Unread 06-22-2008, 01:51 PM

I had my TAH on June 18; came home on Friday. Managed to have a bm in the hospital (and cheered). This morning I'm having burning pain just to the left of my incision. Anyone have any idea what that is? I'm taking just half a Vicadin every four fours and managing the regular pain that way. But this burning is curious. If it persists, I'll call the doctor's office tomorrow. I actually felt better yesterday than today. Think I'd better go lie back down--that will be my downfall--trying to do too much. Good luck to all you lovely ladies! MJ
Unread 06-23-2008, 03:19 PM

Try taking a stool softener. This is still better for me than laxative types! And NO!!! I still feel 'crappy' most days, too. Although I try to say, " Is today better that yesterday?"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register