A question about energy and one about timing of hormone pill | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A question about energy and one about timing of hormone pill A question about energy and one about timing of hormone pill

Unread 09-30-2009, 12:23 PM
A question about energy and one about timing of hormone pill

hi! everyone. Had my surgery on the 24th of August. Doing pretty good except for the hormone pills that I am taking. I feel that I have only so much energy for the day and then I am done. Wondering if other people feel this way? Also when is the best time to take the hormone pills?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Re: A question about energy and one about timing of hormone pill

I had a total hysterectomy on August 17, 2009. Today is my 3rd day back at work. I am so tired. I am taking hormone pills also. I would like to know like my other hyster sister when is a good time to take the pills. When will energy return ?

Thanks
Brentwood2
Unread 10-01-2009, 10:13 AM

I wonder if I will ever get my energy left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2009, 01:25 PM

Hi (((minna)))

I have read that it is good to take hrt every 12 hours if possible. If your main concern is hot flashes, taking it at dinnertime is ideal. As far as energy levels, you are really early on in your recovery. Being tired is something that you will likely deal with on and off for several weeks post op. I hope that you are doing great overall. Take care!

Unread 10-02-2009, 04:52 PM

I honestly noticed a marked increase in my energy level at the 8 week point. I returned to work 1/2 days at 6 weeks and was dragging terribly. When I went full-time at 8 weeks, I seemed to have the same energy level I'd had before the surgery. I do find that I want to go to sleep earlier, but I think that's pretty normal and will last for some time longer.

I'm not on HRT but thought I read somewhere that taking it at night helps with insomnia and night sweats. Can't be sure of that though, so don't go by me.
Unread 10-02-2009, 05:22 PM

Hi minna!

I take my one-pill-per-day at bedtime, so that I remember to do so. (I keep the pill container by my toothbrush, and since I never go to bed without brushing my teeth, that way I know I will never forget to take my HRT. I don't think that there is a specific time of day that is "better" than another. Just find a consistent time that works best for you.

s,
Unread 10-02-2009, 05:30 PM

I was taking my Premarin in the AM but moved to PM because I thought it might help with my insomnia (it didn't). I read and was told my my pharmacist that it is best to take in the AM because naturally your hormones are highest during the AM and drop off at night. My doc didn't give any guidelines, and I don't feel any different now that I take it in the PM. Best guess - make sure it is the same time every day to maintain a balanced level in your system.

As for your lack of energy, it will come back. But this was major surgery and you need to take time to heal. My doc advised that "basic" healing was 6 weeks. That is basically the time it takes all the stiches to heal. But it can be 6 months to a year before you are totally healed. Remember to take it easy, don't push yourself, and rest when you need to.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register