gushes of blood when sneezing or coughing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

gushes of blood when sneezing or coughing gushes of blood when sneezing or coughing

Unread 05-17-2011, 06:11 PM
gushes of blood when sneezing or coughing

I'm looking to see if anyone else is or has experienced this. Aunt Flo is here again this month. It seems every time I sneeze or blow my nose or just change sitting positions I feel little gushes coming out of me. Is this normal? And it seems I'm having to change my sanitary napkin once at least every one and a half hours to two hours. Is this too much? Should be concerned about the gushes I feel when i move? Is this something that can wait until my visit at the castle Wednesday the 25th of May?? Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Re: gushes of blood when sneezing or coughing

Hi Katina -

I think you'll find lots of different "Normals" on this site. Until I had an ablation procedure (that worked for a while and then didn't) I would have gushing flow when I would get up out of bed in the morning. So bad that it would run down my legs. Then during the day I would soak thru a super plus tampon and a pad every 2-2 1/2 hours during the day.

If this is the reason you're having your hysterectomy this month - just be happy it's your last one! If this is a new problem or you're concerned about it, you probably should just call and talk to your Dr about it. I always error on the side of caution - I'd rather call and it be nothing that not call and it be something.

(((((Hugs)))))
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcgall611 View Post
I always error on the side of caution - I'd rather call and it be nothing that not call and it be something.
As for the gushes, that was my "normal" and my periods would last for 3 to 4 months Yes, be relieved that this will be your last one but I would let your doctor know about the amount of pads/tampons you are going through because they may want to check your hemoglobin. There are no 'dumb' questions when it comes to your health. Good luck and speedy recovery to you! We are going to the castle at the same time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2011, 09:05 PM

Normal- well maybe not for some but it is for me too! Good luck with your date! I have to wait until the summer at the earliest.
Unread 05-17-2011, 09:21 PM

That would be the norm for me, but is that norm for you? Ive always done like that on my heaviest days of my periods. Last month I did like that for a solid month before they got it stopped. I was soaking a huge hospital pad in an hour or less. I feel for you, it was pure misery.
I found it helpful to buy the depends protective underwear to use when I was having that problem. Be sure to have your dr check your iron levels!
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:35 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm off to the castle on the 25th as well
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:31 AM

Just be careful that your iron levels don't become too low..if you are determined to be anemic, they probably won't operate. This problem is what sent me to the Dr. 3 1/2 years ago and I was severely anemic by then.
Good luck to you. I have another month and a half to go.
Unread 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM

Sounds like Aunt Flow is rebelling against her eviction notice. I've read that a lot of women have a cycle from hell just before the surgery. I did the same thing. First visit to GYN, I was flooding, clots & all. Surgery was a week later.
Unread 05-18-2011, 03:07 PM

I used to gush like that for the first couple of days of my cycle...I went through 19 pads in 2 days one month. As long as mine did not last any longer than a day or so I did not panic...however, if it had lasted longer that that I would have called to get checked out.

If this a new development absolutely give your doctor a call.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register