ARG.. how much help do I need to plan for Post op. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ARG.. how much help do I need to plan for Post op. ARG.. how much help do I need to plan for Post op.

Unread 08-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Re: ARG.. how much help do I need to plan for Post op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcythia View Post
For me, while my husband worked from home, I felt comfortable getting out of bed, hanging out downstairs and nuking lunch during the early weeks. But, other than that, I didn't have to worry about doing anything. I don't think I could have handled the care of small children during the first 2-3 weeks. After week 3, it would have been OK.
THIS helps a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2012, 05:37 PM

I hope so. I just had one kid (long since grown up) and I feel very lucky I never had surgery while she was very little.

Good luck, and I hope you are able to work out your surgery so you have it sooner rather than later.
Unread 08-20-2012, 05:46 PM

I hope I work it out too.. I have been miserable lately.. cramping, abdominal pain, bloating and anemia have been conspiring against me to get me down.

I have a long shot that I might try to get my surgery scheduled when my spouse is about 3 weeks recovered from his..(he should be fine at that time.. just cannot lift with left hand.. ) but I would need to find another GYN.. and hope they could get me in, In do a pre OP and schedule it for about 6-8 weeks. I don't know how reasonable that is because the GYN I am seeing is MONTHS behind.. I would also have to go to next city over.. Which might be worth it. IF I did it then I would have 3 weeks of DH help..
Unread 08-20-2012, 06:01 PM

If you could work that out to have DH there 3 wks, it might be good, esp if you had extra help to start. I had the TVH (vag) and no kids, but on my own was independent, except lifting, and pretty good by 2 wks. So if you go that route, I think it will be easier to recover. You'll stil need lifting help for 6 wks, and want some day help, I'm sure. Good luck with logistics, I hope it all comes together for you smoothly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register