Depressed and in Pain :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Depressed and in Pain :( Depressed and in Pain :(

Unread 11-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Depressed and in Pain :(

Hi Sisters,
It's Saturday afternoon I'm home alone. Hubby is working and my daughter is at a friends. I'm in pain and depressed. I think this is never ending Every surgery I say this is it when this is over I will be better and I can have a normal active life w/ out pain holding me down..............I sure hope my colorectal surgical visit Monday gives me some answers.

I don't want another surgery but looks as thought I may need one and I just want it over and done with. Yes, I will be nervous but what the heck I already am now.
I need to go for now Thank's for listening to me be a whiner today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2007, 12:58 PM

I hope you get the answers you seek and begin to feel better. I have been trying to be positive and move around lots more today but I am bored also!! Hang in there, Monday will be here before you know it. Did they give you any pain meds for the weekend? If they did make sure you keep up with them that will make things easier.
Good luck to you, and whine here anytime.
Unread 11-10-2007, 01:16 PM

Stormchic...we have the same surgery date. Cool!!! I always feel extra connected to people with whom I share that date.

What is colorectal surgery?

I am looking into abdominal physical therapy. In a minute I'm going to start a post and see if anyone knows anything about it. I get sore and swell every time I try to be active. I've had several people in the medical field suggest this to me...but I don't want to put the money and time into it unless I hear of people having had success with it.

It is kind of a boring day, isn't it? And, it is never a good deal when something is hurting and doctors can't seem to get it taken care of. I don't have the perfect words to make everything seem better, but I do understand and care. I had a really hard time with this surgery last spring, and it was THE HARDEST time of my life. I have found a little light at the end of the tunnel and know you will too. Best Wishes to you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2007, 01:42 PM

Stormchic ~ big hugs for you! I can totally see how you would feel badly. The most frustrating thing in the world for me is when my body won't cooperate.

Hang in there and I will pray for you that this last surgery is the answer for you.

Starbgirl
Unread 11-10-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchic
Hi Sisters,
It's Saturday afternoon I'm home alone. Hubby is working and my daughter is at a friends. I'm in pain and depressed. I think this is never ending Every surgery I say this is it when this is over I will be better and I can have a normal active life w/ out pain holding me down..............I sure hope my colorectal surgical visit Monday gives me some answers.

:
I really feel for you stormchic, I hope that your pain will subside and your depression will be gone...I pray that you will hear good news at your colorectal surgical visit Monday!!!

Let us know how you are doing and hope that this weekend will be better for you.
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:45 PM

Hi everyone thank's for all your replies it means alot. I feel so close to all my sisters b/c we all have been through so much. Colorectal surgery is done by a colorectal surgeon who specializes in the bowels,colon,pelvic floor and so forth. I am having problems that may be from adhesions? Not sure yet but looks like my bowels are being pulled into the wrong directions.
I will post Monday after my app. and let you all know what he says.
Unread 11-10-2007, 07:24 PM

Hey Lisa,
Hope you get to feeling better and get everything corrected so you won't need any more surgeries. Good Luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register