First week after complete Da Vinci hysterectomy for endometrial adenocarcinoma | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First week after complete Da Vinci hysterectomy for endometrial adenocarcinoma First week after complete Da Vinci hysterectomy for endometrial adenocarcinoma

Unread 09-12-2014, 05:01 AM
First week after complete Da Vinci hysterectomy for endometrial adenocarcinoma

Hello everyone, first of all , wow , what a great site this is!!! So happy to have found it.....

The first day was probably the hardest for me...... I was feeling great ( they had kept me overnite ) because of sleep apnea..... I walked around the ward, was doing great.... we had a 3 hour trip so we broke it up by stopping at our daughters home for a bit..... had a bit of an emotional breakdown there...... was worried that I was bleeding internally..... HAD SOME RED BLOOD..... but it was not enough to worry about and stopped within the next hour....

came on home..... was really stiff and sore the next day..... walking a little bent over.... I wish I had already had a belt for my tummy..... my tummy seemed to pull on the incisions...... I wore a maternity support belt..... that seemed to help.I had made sure to take a stool softener and used a suppository also...... that took the worry of a hard stool off of my WORRY LIST.

Woke up this early morning with a burning down in my left groin area but after being up for a bit , the burning is gone...... not sure what that was

I am definitely wondering about libido...... not so much for me but for my husband..... he is worried that I will HAVE NONE NOW.... what are your experiences with that??

We are now waiting for results of our path tests..... hoping the cancer has not spread and if it has.... WHAT TO DO NEXT....

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING HERE...... I HAVE FOUND IT EXTREMELY HELPFUL

THANK YOU
SHIRLEY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Re: First week after complete Da Vinci hysterectomy for endometrial adenocarcinoma

Hoping for the best on your results. Glad your are doing well at this point!
Unread 09-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Re: First week after complete Da Vinci hysterectomy for endometrial adenocarcinoma

We are close in age - closer than most in these forums.

That long ride home probably did not help the situation. The light bleeding/spotting is not uncommon - usually an indication of overdoing it. As for the burning in the left groin I had that happen too but it was more like week 10. Like you getting up and walking around it went away. You over did it the day you went home so take it easy. I laid around and slept the first couple weeks.

As for libido - time will tell. I would say the majority of women have no real change, but there are always exceptions. My husband has ED but I did find out about week 7 that I can still climax. To me it really isn't any different. As far as actual sex I have no idea.

Right now you need to concentrate on healing. As they say 'you only get one chance to heal right'. My doctor made me wait 3 months before I was released for everything. I am thinking due to my age (61) and older people tend to heal slower, he wanted to make sure I was healed well before lifting or sex (which is not in the picture).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register