LSH 5 years out from LSH and I just noticed spotting - UPDATED | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 years out from LSH and I just noticed spotting - UPDATED 5 years out from LSH and I just noticed spotting - UPDATED

Unread 01-09-2017, 04:14 PM
5 years out from LSH and I just noticed spotting - UPDATED

Is spotting normal this far out from LSH? It's just there when I wipe after using the restroom, but I am such a nervous Nellie, I am worried! Should I call my gyn in the morning? I'm actually kinda crampy too....my cervix was cauterized as well. Just nervous, but opinions are welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emban39 View Post
Is spotting normal this far out from LSH? It's just there when I wipe after using the restroom, but I am such a nervous Nellie, I am worried! Should I call my gyn in the morning? I'm actually kinda crampy too....my cervix was cauterized as well. Just nervous, but opinions are welcome!
Yes, you should call your doctor with any new bleeding or spotting at any time no matter how many years out.
Unread 01-10-2017, 05:38 AM
Re: 5 years out from LSH and I just noticed spotting

I agree, go ahead and call your doctor. You don't have a uterus, so it has to be something else. It might not be your cervix. As we age and our hormone levels decrease, we're subject to vaginal dryness or vaginal atrophy which could cause our inner skin to crack or tear a bit. There could be other causes, so you'll want a diagnosis to receive the proper treatment. Update us when you can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2017, 11:36 AM

Thanks, I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon and I am terrified! All I can think of is cancer!! I'm scared to death!! I only bleed after sex and I'm also cramping....not constantly, but cramping none the less. I'm just so scared of cancer!!! I will update when I find anything out!! Thank you so much!
Unread 01-18-2017, 02:15 PM

I just had my doctor appointment and he says I need surgery! He's saying there is a fairly large fibroid coming through my cervix into my vagina causing the bleeding after sex. I also had a pap which I won't know anything for a result from that for a week. If he can't get the fibroid out, he will have to remove the entire cervix! I'm scared for that! I had a hysterectomy because of fibroids and I thought I was done with all of that!! Now I'm almost back to where I started!! I can't miss work and I literally just started college yesterday!!! I'm so upset!!!
Unread 01-18-2017, 03:44 PM

Awwww I am so sorry!! Hoping for the best for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register