TAH and Vaginal Bleeding after 3 weeks? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH and Vaginal Bleeding after 3 weeks? TAH and Vaginal Bleeding after 3 weeks?

Unread 03-27-2005, 04:43 PM
TAH and Vaginal Bleeding after 3 weeks?

I had TAH w/BSO on March 7, so 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I have bloody discharge which in the past 3 days has gone from brownish red to almost totally red. I should add that my cervix was removed. Has anyone else had this? Should I call my doctor? I had some spotting when I went for my 2 week last Monday, and she did say some spotting was normal. I guess I just need someone else to allay my fears!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2005, 04:50 PM

am sorry to hear that. I am no professional but my rule of thumb is if it is red it is new.........I think I would be calling your doctor as I was told the spotting should be a brownish color. I fortunately have had no spotting after leaving the castle. Good Luck and Take Care
Unread 03-27-2005, 05:53 PM

Spotting is normal, but bleeding is not! I had some bright red bleeding about 3 weeks post op, and I had to be checked for pooling of blood above the vaginal cuff (via exam, then ultrasound). Luckily it wasn't that, and the bleeding stopped on its own, but it isn't something to brush off as normal. So if it's more than minor spotting, please call your doctor again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2005, 06:25 PM

ME TOO!
I know Im beginning to wonder whats going on too.

I had a TVH A&P on the 2 march and still have red bright coloured blood, just a little but enough to overflow a panty liner by the morning.

So im still using med sanitary pads, but usually i can get by with the liners and i have to change them nearly everytime i go to the bathroom to pee. Just because there is freash blood there.

Somtimes its pail pink, but everyday at some point its back to bright red.

i feel as though there is weeping and bleeding going on.

last monday i saw my surgen for a three week cheak up and because of the bleeding he said to do nothing for another 4 weeks.
Difficult with three kids under the age of 6, my husband goes back to work this week. (at least i taught the baby to climb up onto a box to get up to me.)

i wish the bleeding would just stop. I dont need any more problems.

I wonder how meny girls out there have actually bleed this long or even longer, and had everything be alright and have not needed some kind of intervention.

take care, you are not alone, I hope somone knows somthing about this, As my DR seems to be playing a quiet wating game and i have no idear what the outcome might be.
What would they do to stop it?
Unread 03-27-2005, 06:52 PM

I'm not a doctor, but I remember my doc telling me that some
spotting would be normal. However, if you're seeing a change
in the discharge (ex.blood), then I would call my doctor and
check into it.

Don't sit and worry yourself to a frazzle. That's what your
physician is for. I've reached a point in my midlife where I
attack a problem as soon as it pops up to save my nerves!:hair:

Take care.

Earlybird
Unread 03-28-2005, 03:49 PM

Thank you for the responses. (Warning: ) Turns out that the Vicodin that I was taking for the pain of the UTI was "clogging up the works". I knew that, and last night finally did a suppository, which didn't really work. This morning, I had a wonderful potty experience (!) and the spotting totally stopped. By the time the nurse called back and I told her that, she said that the pressure of my bowel was probably causing the bleeding. I haven't had nary a spot since 9am this morning!! Wooo hoooo. Thank you for letting me share, not many others can appreciate the excitement of my potty experience (!)!!
Unread 03-29-2005, 11:17 AM

am so happy to hear that good luck with the rest of your healing
Unread 03-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Bleeding Post-OP

Dear Family,
I had bleeding too, weird timing of it. And it was for almost no reason at all.With 6 children privacy is at a premium.
I had hysterectomy, everything removed Dec 3rd, 2004. I started spotting the beginning of Marcg, end of Feb. I went in last week, and the Doctor used some silver stuff to "speed up healing process". And I get to go back next Thursday the 6th for more of the same.
Curious to see if anyone had this.

Also my gall bladder has begun acting up. My grandma used to say it was "downhill after 25". I think things will be great once everything heals, right?

Thank-you for your help

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register