dVH/RALH 3 months later -physically great but struggling with notion of vaginal cuff.... - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months later -physically great but struggling with notion of vaginal cuff.... 3 months later -physically great but struggling with notion of vaginal cuff....

Unread 04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
3 months later -physically great but struggling with notion of vaginal cuff....

Thank you to everyone who responded -both seriously and in humor. I agree laughter is sometimes the best medicine. Also, it is comforting to know you aren't the only one feeling this way. Hopefully this feeling that I am just " not right" will fade, it is interfering with my sex life. Just don't feel right, not like me. I didn't want a hysterectomy, my uterus served me well and until diagnosed with cancer never gave me any trouble. I feel bad for tossing it aside (although I know I had to). Very weird, 6 months ago if you had asked me if not having a uterus would bother me I would have said of course not -how silly.....now that it happened it's freaking me out! Thanks again everyone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Re: 3 months later -physically great but struggling with notion of vaginal cuff....

mchm

Over time you will figure out the new you. If the thoughts are interfering see if you can find someone to talk to.
I know I've said it many times but my counsellor was my lifeline.

The feelings haven't gone away totally but they have gotten better over time.
One of the latest things I have done is take a 1/4 of a xanax before getting intimate, just that slight dose helps my mind relax.

You are not alone.

G
Unread 04-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Re: 3 months later -physically great but struggling with notion of vaginal cuff....

If it helps, the cervix is the part of the uterus that shuts it off from the vagina when one is not giving birth or not in her cycle to become pregnant. So what is the difference if there is "bumping" on the closed cervix or on the closed vaginal end? I haven't tried it yet, but seems like the "cuff" will be a bit more elastic than the cervix.
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:19 PM

camp town

For those that found it stimulating there is a difference.

Part of it is emotional but there is a difference in the physical sensation or it was different for me.

G
Unread 04-10-2011, 05:02 AM

I too thought of it at first and wondered if it was the right choice, letting him take it, but I have to tell you that it has been a year and i dont think of it at all. Intamacy is soooo much better
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiala11 View Post
ds9kirys..Regarding being naked in surgery. My op nurse told me she would protect my privacy in surgery. If someone doesn't have to be there, she'll send them out. Quite militant, but I didn't care I travelled to another part of my State to have the surgery and figured except for my doc I'll never see them again. After I delved into how the da vinci robotic hyster is performed and found your feet is higher than your head. All I could think of was the anesthesiologist seeing my large chest hanging toward my face and out. Hilarious. I know in my work I find humor in my customers. He must have had a twinge.
I understand what our saying about the privacy thing and wondering what they do and say while your in surgery. I felt somewhat violated when I woke up after having Divinci surgery to discover that the tissue around my vagina was sore. No one explained that they would be sticking things in there during surgery! I got over it but was still somewhat surprised. I was told they placed you at about a 70 degree angle for the DiVinci procedure. I was on my head for nearly 5 hours. My face was a bit swollen after mostly around the eyes but it went away fairly quickly. I didn't have to worry about my chest hanging though!
Unread 04-17-2011, 08:45 AM

I just found this particular thread and I can relate to the feelings you expressed. Tomorrow I'll be at 4 weeks postop and while I've been excited to give the "new me" a whirl in the bedroom (and my husband keeps tabs on his six-week countdown, haha), I worry about what it's going to be like, as well as feeling that now I'm different.

And, as for seeking out someone with whom to talk, I'm a therapist and welcome these sorts of issues, especially since I work in a medical setting, and this life journey is going to certainly enhance my empathy for others in similar situations. I will probably be discussing some of this with my own therapist whom I've been seeing to help me process my father's recent passing (I saw someone else is dealing with this too). This is a major life change and although there are many positives to be gained (better health, no more periods, etc.), there are certainly going to be mixed emotions surrounding it and everyone's experience is personal and different.

Take care my fellow princesses!
Unread 04-17-2011, 04:31 PM

gaaah this thread is freaking me out now. If I kept my cervix do I have a cuff as well? Can my husband break through the sock? That would be the LAST time I EVER have sex if that ever happened.
Unread 04-17-2011, 04:54 PM

If you kept your cervix, you do not have a cuff. Your stitches closing the canal are way up inside you past the bottom of the cervix so your husband cannot break through. Sex for you will be exactly the same as before in terms of penetration and sensation in there. Your big "O" might be slightly different if you had uterine contractions before. I didn't so sex is exactly the same.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register