So scared and alone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So scared and alone So scared and alone

Unread 09-28-2004, 07:35 AM
So scared and alone

Hi Ladies-

I am 6 days pre-op, today is my pre-admission, history and physical. I am so terrified. I can't stop crying. My husband is not supportive, and I feel so scared and alone. I am having a hard time giving up my girl parts. Did any of you feel so horrible? Words of encouragement would help......God this is so aweful....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2004, 07:45 AM
So scared and alone

I am so sorry you are feeling frightened and alone. I would love to kick your husband for not being supportive. Does he WANT to be, and just doesn't know how, or is he just insensitive? It would be so much easier for you if he were supportive.

I do not anguish over the losing of my girl parts..but then I am older than you, so I don't know how I would feel if I were your age. It doesn't change who you are, and no one will know unless you tell them.

I hope and pray you will do great.
Unread 09-28-2004, 07:45 AM
So scared and alone

I am so sorry you are going through this!!! I am sorry you are feeling alone!! You are not alone, we are here to support you.
Trust God for your surgery....He will see you through!! He is there with you, just call on Him. I will be praying for you.
Nerves are the worst.....they are what makes the waiting the longest. For me, knowing that God knew from the beginning of time, what the outcome of my surgery was, helped me relax and trust in Him.
May God bless you and grant you His Peace as you wait.
:Hug:
Nancy
4 days post-op
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2004, 08:17 AM
So scared and alone

Sweetie, you're certainly not alone with feeling scared while waiting for this surgery. It is a very scary time for many of us.

Maybe your DH is just as scared as you are and just doesn't know how to support you? Have you tried sitting and talking to him about it all? Click here for the link to FAQ's for family and friends. I printed it for my DH and it helped him understand better what to expect.

Best wishes with your pre op today.
Don't forget that we WILL always be here for you

Unread 09-28-2004, 08:21 AM
So Scared and Alone

To you Sweetie. You are not alone by any means. I am 2 weeks from my surgery and I can so relate to the feelings you described. We are all here to support you and each other in our decisions.
Unread 09-28-2004, 08:27 AM
So scared and alone

Hey there girl!
I am so sorry that you are going through this alone. I wished that I could send you something that would help you get through this easier. I too am 34 and facing a TAH in less than a month. I know what you are going through and sweetie this is not the end! Its just the end of pain, agony, torment and irritation. I was told that when I first booked my surgery and it is what is prodding me towards the castle. I know that you are afraid. If i were closer I would be there for you. I know we are only a few words away and just a click you can contact me whenever you can.

I understand what you are going through my dh was a horrible person when I first got my diagnosis of endo and had my first lap he would not drive me to the hospital I had to catch a ride and he was there complaining to me that he was goin to be late for work if I didnt drag my butt out. I am so sorry that you are facing this but girl it was my friends who helped me out during my tough times and I can be any friend you want me to be. Send me an email or even an instant message and I will make sure I get back to you. Dont forget you are never alone. My prayers are with you.

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register