first post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
first post

Hi, I've been reading messages on and off for a few weeks now and decided to join. To quickly summarize I have had heavy periods and progressively worsening pain for at least a year now (probably longer and I didn't recognize it). Since April severe pain on and off. + cyst on right being followed. On 10/19/08 emergency laproscopy/hysteroscopy. Removed paratubal cyst on right that had twisted, removeal of small amount of endometriosis and also a D&C. Pathology reports all negative. Dramatic decrease in pain after surgery but cramping persist with an increase in pain yesterday. Follow with MD today and he suggested I have adenomyosis. Treatment options to continue BC for 3-4 months (started 3 weeks ago) if not effective attempt Lupron for no longer than 6 months and then if not effective a hysterectomy. (I informed him prior to emergency surgery I did not want a hysterectomy). For pain management he said NSAID are best and cautioned against addictive nature of narcotics. I have been basically non-functional due to pain/fatigue since October and I seem to be getting worse. I can't continue on this way and need to develope a plan of action. So far as of today I plan to continue with the BC pills, regular doses of NSAID to decrease inflammation, frequent moist heat and percocet for pain. I scheduled a pelvic MRI with contrast for next week, (already had lumbar MRI) still working on rescheduling a colonoscopy (cancel due to surgery). I alos made an appointment to initiate pelvic floor physical therapy. I hope this post isn't too long. My goal is to rule out other possible diagnosis so I can decide if a hysterectomy is appropriate treatment. Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2008, 10:17 PM
first post

Welcome!!

I think you are very wise to get Pelvic MRI. I, too, am having disabling pain and my dr. has no idea why. She said hyster is next if antibiotic doesn't work, but I want a diagnosis!

I am seeing my Internist tomorrow to see if he can find a gyno who he trusts who can see me relatively soon... I am going to request an MRI so I can at least know what is the reason for my pain before undergoing surgery.

I have to mention that in my research, I found a medical article that cited that the source of pelvic pain can be found by MRI in almost 85% of cases. Those sound like pretty good odds to me!!

Good luck!

CC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register